The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So when there are 2 minutes to go and you need a goal it makes perfect sense to just go Route 1???
But for the rest of the match we have to try and build a hundred pass goal???
Maybe there is something in-between the two extremes that might work. We need a seasoned and successful Premier League manager. Nationality negotiable.
The kick off shows the poor tactics imo.
Mainoo to Pickford big hoof upfield Spain get the ball.

That’s Big Sam tactics!

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
So when there are 2 minutes to go and you need a goal it makes perfect sense to just go Route 1???
But for the rest of the match we have to try and build a hundred pass goal???
Maybe there is something in-between the two extremes that might work. We need a seasoned and successful Premier League manager. Nationality negotiable.

I don’t expect a successful Prem manager to go to England as most will be foriegn

There is no reason why they shouldn’t give Carsley the job - he has earned his stripes to through the youth teams

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Well played Spain, best team won and well deserved.

Agree with all said above, we can't keep waiting to go behind before cutting loose.

Southgate's time has run and you've got to think that with the young talent at England's disposal that there's a big name manager somewhere that would be dying to get their hands on them for a tournament or two.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If you listen to the pundits (BBC) they don’t seem happy with Southgate without actually saying it.
Ave said it for a bit they have given him an easy ride. Al make my feelings known tomorrow. Just got to sit and appreciate watching a very good football team. Spain are very pleasing on the eye.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
The best team won, too many of our players didn't turn up. Pickford long kicks were awful, going to Spain every time which put even more pressure on us.

We had the players there with the right balance but they didn't play well enough.
You can't blame Southgate for that.
Well done Spain.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
The best team won, too many of our players didn't turn up. Pickford long kicks were awful, going to Spain every time which put even more pressure on us.

We had the players there with the right balance but they didn't play well enough.
You can't blame Southgate for that.
Well done Spain.

They are playing his tactics with his mindset

He was the one picking players that have been poor all tournament

He was the one sitting there thinking the tactics are great as they sat deep

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The unopened bottle of victory plonk from three years ago is still in the fridge and won’t be getting opened tonight either. I have a feeling that it will have lost its fizz when/if it ever does get opened.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Well played Spain, best team won and well deserved.

Agree with all said above, we can't keep waiting to go behind before cutting loose.

Southgate's time has run and you've got to think that with the young talent at England's disposal that there's a big name manager somewhere that would be dying to get their hands on them for a tournament or two.
Word is that if Southgate goes, then Lampard is in the frame.

Oh Lord help us 🙄

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Credit to Luke Shaw.
First start since February and he lasted the full 90 minutes and actually played pretty well.
To be honest he had a very very good game and brought much needed balance to the team, which begs the question why did Southgate not bring proper cover. I felt a bit for Shaw. On the right side there was Foden, Saka and Walker. Shaw had nothing like that on his side. Shaw kept Lama very very quite.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
To be fair, he's been played out of position all tournament. He's filled a gap that he was asked to fill.
I know there was a lot of just complaints about the team lacking balance with Trippier playing out of position and have to agree that, defensively, the team looked far better balanced with Shaw at left back, but...our attacking play down the left hand side was utterly non existent, irrespective of who played down the left ahead of Trippier/Shaw....every single one of them wanted to cut inside. Without a dedicated attacking left sided player we were utterly predictable....not just tonight but in previous matches.

Best team won tonight...cohesive, accurate passing, movement, speed of thought...descriptors that are not easily levelled very often at England I'm afraid.