The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does anybody else not really care who wins?
I want England to win, but I'm just not as revved up as I think I should be, or expected to be.

This 100%. I hate feeling this way. Didn't get down when we went behind. Some excitement at the equaliser. Then simply didn't want any player to suffer missing a pen.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Does anybody else not really care who wins?
I want England to win, but I'm just not as revved up as I think I should be, or expected to be.
I'm in this camp. Last match, this one, I had no edge. We have been poor all tournament, had we gone out you couldn't argue. We are scraping through, fine, but I can't get excited by it. Maybe I'll get up for it if we reach the final 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Hats off to the penalty takers, they all looked very assured.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
How the hell does Toney take a penalty without looking at the ball?!

Madness but he is so clinical when taking them

Shearer and Ferdinand battling it out to who talks the most 💩

The match was turgid again - but they managed to win again

Saka the shining star - quality from him , shame he didn’t have a forward in the box to make use of his quality

They really do need to up their level next and that includes making some big changes

it’s not going to be good enough to beat the likes of Spain , or Holland and even Turkey

But it will be Guehi back in for Konsa

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Rio Ferdinand is a hole, he talks so much rubbish. We won, that is again about all we can say about the performance, we take it an move on but lets not pretend all of a sudden we are good, we are not, we didnt even have a shot on target until we equalised in the 80th minute and scored
We have played Denmark, Slovenia, Serbia, Slovakia and Switzerland. We should be beating all of those team all the time with the squad and easily too.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm in this camp. Last match, this one, I had no edge. We have been poor all tournament, had we gone out you couldn't argue. We are scraping through, fine, but I can't get excited by it. Maybe I'll get up for it if we reach the final 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Hats off to the penalty takers, they all looked very assured.
I will confess I have hoping we lose.
I fear GS will be kept on otherwise, and with the players we have and the style they play for their clubs I really don't see any positives with GS still standing at the side of the pitch chewing his tongue.