The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
They didn't have a track record in cycling or sailing but seem to be doing ok in those sports so why can't they do the same with football?
I’m not sure they are that successful in sailing, but we will see after the America’s Cup.

Ainslie was already in place as the golden boy of British sailing before a Ineos started funding them. Giles Scott should be steering the boat not Ben anyway.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
They didn't have a track record in cycling or sailing but seem to be doing ok in those sports so why can't they do the same with football?

They didnt and thats why’s they brought in two of the best in those sports - Brailsford and Ainslie - which was my point

No one has said they can’t be successful , but it is hugely different to those other sports

But the simple question was when they were going through the manager search etc and approaching other managers etc who was doing that - was it Richards himself etc

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They didnt and thats why’s they brought in two of the best in those sports - Brailsford and Ainslie - which was my point

No one has said they can’t be successful , but it is hugely different to those other sports

But the simple question was when they were going through the manager search etc and approaching other managers etc who was doing that - was it Richards himself etc
Does it ultimately matter? For whatever reasons they couldn't/didn't get another manager but now have Ashworth on board. I don't see what the issue is with INEOS even if they are untried as football owners. Other people buy clubs and have no previous experience of managing a PL side but they seem to find a way to some degree.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Does it ultimately matter? For whatever reasons they couldn't/didn't get another manager but now have Ashworth on board. I don't see what the issue is with INEOS even if they are untried as football owners. Other people buy clubs and have no previous experience of managing a PL side but they seem to find a way to some degree.

To be fair, the majority of things discussed on here don’t ultimately matter.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ally "has he got kids watching, it's embarrassing". Too right. It gets worse. Sours the game. Use VAR to book the cheats who ruin the game.

COME ON SPAIN!!!! Yahoo.