The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

RichA

Visit site
England are the Coldplay of international football.
Stones off. Rice off. Bellingham off. Give literally anyone else a crack. And get Mainoo cloned before the next tournament.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
5 minutes in, and still looks like Southgate is clueless, or his players are not as good as everyone thinks.

Ref looks like he is itching to dish out yellow cards. Although Trippier really sold his team mate out short
Bad from Trippier but that’s the worst ref I have seen for a long time.

Walker is poor he needs three touches and it’s to late then.
He’s not a good defender imo and just relies on his pace to get him out of trouble.
Him and Stones are just slowing everything down.

Saka has laced his FB but continues to play and come back inside or backwards.
Foden out of the game wide.

Same old same old !

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
England's only hope is to win a penalty by fooling the ref that a fair tackle was a foul.
Then they would have to win the penalty shoot out.

All that seems unlikely to me and I think this is England's exit.

Hope I'm wrong, though, and I will then look forward to another tedious 90 mins.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've spent a lot of the half watching Bellingham. He has been running around finding pockets of space but Rice, Stones, Trippier, are not passing the ball forward to him.

Thats just one issue. The rest is the SAME 💩 Gareth.

We were screaming at the tv to pass it to Bellingham who was always in acres of space between the lines.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
England's only hope is to win a penalty by fooling the ref that a fair tackle was a foul.
Then they would have to win the penalty shoot out.

All that seems unlikely to me and I think this is England's exit.

Hope I'm wrong, though, and I will then look forward to another tedious 90 mins.
Foden was pushed in the box there was no attempt to play the ball .. the var should have been called for .. “use it properly “

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've spent a lot of the half watching Bellingham. He has been running around finding pockets of space but Rice, Stones, Trippier, are not passing the ball forward to him.

Thats just one issue. The rest is the SAME 💩 Gareth.
I lost count of the amount of times Stones played a five yard pass and the recipient passed it straight back to him. No advancement whatsoever.