The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolutely they do. They both had an energy that nobody else has shown. I certainly think Mainoo will start ahead of Gallagher and TAA, but I’m not sure Southgate has the balls to start Palmer.

The problem for me is that England have absolutely no momentum whatsoever. They’re starting the knockout stages very much flat footed.

Very, very poor.

This goes back to my working theory. Younger players who aren't in the first 11 or from unfashionable clubs up their game rather than get complacent.

Mainoo and Palmer trying to prove their worth a start

Gordon had a go

The CB I forget his name has prob been our best player tbh

Where as the established stars phone it in knowing they won't be dropped almost.

RichA

Visit site
Absolutely they do. They both had an energy that nobody else has shown. I certainly think Mainoo will start ahead of Gallagher and TAA, but I’m not sure Southgate has the balls to start Palmer.

The problem for me is that England have absolutely no momentum whatsoever. They’re starting the knockout stages very much flat footed.

Very, very poor.
Other than Ollie Watkins for 20 minutes of match 2 and where did it get him for the next game?

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
This goes back to my working theory. Younger players who aren't in the first 11 or from unfashionable clubs up their game rather than get complacent.

Gordon had a go

Where as the established stars phone it in knowing they won't be dropped almost.

But Mainoo and Palmer are 1st XI players and Utd and Chelsea are hardly unfashionable clubs.
Or did I read it wrong?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Gordon had a go

Mainoo and Palmer are starters for Man Utd and Chelsea ? Two of the biggest in the country

D

Deleted member 29109

Through easily as group winners, no goals conceded and very little energy expended. What more could we ask for 🤷🏼‍♂️

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But Mainoo and Palmer are 1st XI players and Utd and Chelsea are hardly unfashionable clubs.
Or did I read it wrong?

First 11 for England.

Take Bellingham, young and hungry when playing for Dortmund, had to prove he was worth it. Moves to Madrid. Looked good first game then pretty meh , then again there are many rumours around Bellingham a case of whatever he wants he gets. Wouldn't mind seeing him dropped if he won't play deeper for foden to come in and then Gordon or palmer brought into the team for hungry players.