The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
Were was this Scotland team in the opening game? Maybe the occassion got to them?🤷‍♂️

Thought they did enough to win it tonight.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A lot of huffing and puffing from Scotland but not a lot of quality or good football. A point though, essential to get something. They'll need more against Hungary, interesting last game.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Respect to the effort from Scotland. I thought they'd fade in the last 15 mins but they kept the work rate up. Looked on their knees at the end and not a huge amount of recovery time until the game against Hungary. Never paid much attention to Steve Clarke but he doesn't impress me at all. Maybe Gareth isn't so bad!!

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Rumours we have appointed Steve Cooper as manager after talks with Graham Potter broke down.

Makes me think that his eye is on the England job and he would not commit to anything until after the Euros. So, my thoughts, Southgate stands down shortly after the Euros and Potter is appointed soon after.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Rumours we have appointed Steve Cooper as manager after talks with Graham Potter broke down.

Makes me think that his eye is on the England job and he would not commit to anything until after the Euros. So, my thoughts, Southgate stands down shortly after the Euros and Potter is appointed soon after.

It's been confirmed.

You happy with the appointment?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's been confirmed.

You happy with the appointment?

I would have preferred Potter but with the state of the club finances and the almost inevitable points deduction, we were lucky to find anyone bearing in mind that we will likely be in a relegation battle before the season even starts. I think it could be a solid appointment bearing in mind the position we are in and what we are likely to be up against.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I would have preferred Potter but with the state of the club finances and the almost inevitable points deduction, we were lucky to find anyone bearing in mind that we will likely be in a relegation battle before the season even starts. I think it could be a solid appointment bearing in mind the position we are in and what we are likely to be up against.
Cooper has had experience of dealing with rag tag squads at Forest so looking at it from an outsider it seems a solid appointment

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Cooper has had experience of dealing with rag tag squads at Forest so looking at it from an outsider it seems a solid appointment

We do not have a rag tag squad so not sure where that has come from. Aside from having to replace a few of our bigger names who may need to be sold before the end of June to get to the relevant loss levels, the squad should stay pretty solid.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Yeah this is what I think. Sensible for where you are. I doubt you're going to see entertaining football from him. If he does the same as he did at Forest he'll set you up to defend with your lives and spring a counter attack.

A good man to have at the helm when you're battling adversity but I'm not sure he can/will make the step up from that.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah this is what I think. Sensible for where you are. I doubt you're going to see entertaining football from him. If he does the same as he did at Forest he'll set you up to defend with your lives and spring a counter attack.

A good man to have at the helm when you're battling adversity but I'm not sure he can/will make the step up from that.

Exactly, good man to keep us battling this year and if what is almost inevitable happens, bring us back up next year. A solid appointment. Not really sure why Potter was even talking to us, we could not offer him a budget, do not have the players for expansive football and really, having Leicester on his CV would not have propelled him up to another big job. I would load the bets on him to be England manager before Xmas.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Leicester’s priority has to be to remain in the division, and with that in mind, whilst it may raise a few eyebrows, I think Cooper may be a very astute appointment.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
All quiet in here about England tonight..

Come on guys! Its coming home!

My team:

Pickford
Walker, Stones, Guehi, Trippier
Rice, Gallagher, Bellingham
Gordon, Kane, Saka

My predicted GS team:

Pickford
Rice, Trent, Bellingham
Foden, Kane, Saka

(so unchanged)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
All quiet in here about England tonight..

Come on guys! Its coming home!

My team:

Pickford
Rice, Gallagher, Bellingham
Gordon, Kane, Saka

My predicted GS team:

Pickford
Rice, Trent, Bellingham
Foden, Kane, Saka

(so unchanged)
Foden needs to drop alongside rice and Bellingham and Gordon or a n other up front with Saka and Kane.👍