The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PaulMdj

Visit site
3 players from 3 teams below Lpool in that list, if 1 player from Lpool deserves to be there then I’d go with Van Dyke as he’s been their stand out player imo.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Phil Foden for me is player of the year, to stand out like he has in that Manchester City side is impressive.
Cole Palmer is young player of the year in my opinion, again as said before, where would Chelsea be without him.
Honourable mentions for Rice and Odegaard as well 😀

Just had another look, just some outstanding performances this year, Isak has had a great season, Haaland injured for a good spell and still top goal scorer, Saka on his day as good as any winger.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Phil Foden for me is player of the year, to stand out like he has in that Manchester City side is impressive.
Cole Palmer is young player of the year in my opinion, again as said before, where would Chelsea be without him.
Honourable mentions for Rice and Odegaard as well 😀

Just had another look, just some outstanding performances this year, Isak has had a great season, Haaland injured for a good spell and still top goal scorer, Saka on his day as good as any winger.
Saka just had too many average games for me (compared to last seasons form).

PaulMdj

Visit site
That’s not really how it works Paul 😬
Stats wise he’s the best defender in the PL, look at the injury problems they’ve had in defence and the youngsters brought in, all the while he’s been the consistent.
As for bad games, yes, him and every other player on the list had had them.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Stats wise he’s the best defender in the PL, look at the injury problems they’ve had in defence and the youngsters brought in, all the while he’s been the consistent.
As for bad games, yes, him and every other player on the list had had them.
Which stats are they?

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
VVD has been key to the team that’s turned it around after last season and challenged for 4 trophies winning 1 he has been ever present throughout the season despite multiple changes around him - he has returned to near his best this season

The winner imo will be between Foden and Rice

Rice has taken his game up a level this season and it’s prob very close between him and Rodri to who is the best in that role

Foden stepped up when KDB was out and scored some key goals

Because of when it’s voted I think Rice may just grab it but both would be worthy winners , the list is prob about spot on when you look at the season

I’m surprised Haaland is there because I think his season has been a drop from last year and would have expect Rodri in there

PaulMdj

Visit site
I have to question that list though, Paul. How can a player who has barely played a game since the autumn feature in ninth place?
No idea mate, a lot of the comments against VVD are purely based on the team he plays for, but they are in 3rd and up to 3 weeks ago still in the title race.

Looking at them, imo, he’s been their stand out player.

Edit: Reading the link again @Billysboots it was based on defenders who’ve played over 400 minutes this season and the ratings they’d received in games, shows on another level how much you’s have missed him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Didn't there used to be six nominations rather than eight?

It's a tough call this year. Probably between Rice, Foden and Palmer for me.
When Rice has gone on record and said that Rodri is the main man and he don’t get nominated there is something wrong. Have a check how long it is since City last lost with Rodri in the team.

Swango1980

Visit site
I think with the chances he gets at city that isn't exceptional. His impact this year isn't anywhere near what it was last year. He has been frequently anonymous this year and has scored in big bursts rather than consistently.

If you asked a city fan to rank him this year, I doubt he would be in their top 3 for the season.
You may be right. After all, Keane thinks his general play is League 2 standard. I trust his judgement :)