• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

PaulMdj

Visit site
Yep. That’s what I’m told 🥴

Strange that those Whoppers Neville and Carragher haven’t given the same energy they had yesterday to the outcry from Barca today after El Clasico 🧐
Why would the Sky Sports presenters be interested in La Liga? Sky don’t have the contract to show the Spanish league in UK.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why would the Sky Sports presenters be interested in La Liga? Sky don’t have the contract to show the Spanish league in UK.
I think you’re missing the point. because football is football. If they’ve got an opinion on it, then that opinion should be consistent, no matter the club or league, no?

If it’s embarrassing for little old Forest to question the quality and standard of officiating, surely it’s just as embarrassing for one of the biggest clubs in the world to do so?

Also the statement from the Premier League today is amusing. Disappointed with Forest for questioning the integrity of league officiating yet the countless questionable officiating (across the entire league) is completely ignored by the powers that be and referees continue to work without being held to account.

At this point it’s not about Forest. Their initial tweet has nearly 50 million views. They’re standing up to the establishment and have had the balls to do what almost every other team in the league has wanted to do at some point and publically call out the absolutely awful officiating that we see week in and week out (albeit, they went about it completely the wrong way initially!).

“Every team gets bad calls against them”….thats the point. Whether they’ve accepted relegation and are going down in flames and hoping something is done to better the league long term, or our owner is just *that* stubborn with zero F’s to give with regards to repercussions, I don’t know. But every single team who has been aggrieved and on the receiving end of an absolutely dreadful refereeing decision (whether its directly impacted the outcome of the game or not) should be supporting what ultimately they’re now trying to achieve.

They’ve ruffled a lot of feathers in 24 hours and I have a feeling they might not go away quietly.

(I also think that any chance of getting any points back from our deduction appeal has disappeared 🤣)

Lastly, you’re probably right and Neville and Carra. Their employer has a duty to protect the image of the Premier League so they’re likely not going to call it out, even though they should.

Swango1980

Visit site
Forest, calm down. This is getting pathetic. Sure, question bad decisions, just like every other club. But you sound desperate now.

There is probably a bad decision in most games. But Forest are basically acting like they are the only ones to ever suffer such injustices. Again, this is exactly why I'd prefer they get relegated, so we hear less of the conspiracy theories. Mind you, if there is any evidence the officials are corrupt, give it to us. I'd love a nice meaty story like that if there was an ounce of truth in it.

And as PaulMdj said, Neville and Carragher are not going to spend any time talking about Madrid Barcelona or any other league they don't cover. They don't sit down and watch every match worldwide to then give their opinion on Sky. Just like La Liga presenters in Spain won't give two hoots about Nottingham Forest.

But, go for it Forest. Sue the PL and PGMOL because referees made bad decisions. Sue Sky and their pundits for doing their job and sharing their opinions. Sue presenters in other media like TalkSport that have criticised them. Send them this post, they can sue me as well. Who else can they sue?

In my opinion, in the last week they've just turned into a joke of a club, from having no real opinion on the previously

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Re Forest calling out the PGMOL for having a Luton fan on VAR at the weekend. Maybe they’ve gone over the top with the way they’ve criticised PGMOL but the criticism is justified. It’s naive of PGMOL to have a Luton fan officiating a match where he might have a vested interest in the outcome. Yes, it can be argued that the official will view things objectively, and that Forest shouldn’t question his integrity. However, there’s no argument against the naturally occurring phenomena of unconscious bias.

Leaving aside the issue of did he get those decisions right, it is just plain stupid, or arrogant, to have the Luton fan officiating in that match.

As for a conspiracy by PGMOL, our own natural belief is no way would they conspire to do something like that. But it’s happened in other leagues around the world, so why not with PGMOL… a “no it couldn’t happen here” is naive too. It happens, and that’s why PGMOL shouldn’t put its officials in the firing line of accusations that it has (potentially) happened.

No doubt Forest will get the book thrown at them, and rightly so. They shouldn’t have used the court of public opinion to make their point.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think you’re missing the point. because football is football. If they’ve got an opinion on it, then that opinion should be consistent, no matter the club or league, no?

If it’s embarrassing for little old Forest to question the quality and standard of officiating, surely it’s just as embarrassing for one of the biggest clubs in the world to do so?

Also the statement from the Premier League today is amusing. Disappointed with Forest for questioning the integrity of league officiating yet the countless questionable officiating (across the entire league) is completely ignored by the powers that be and referees continue to work without being held to account.

At this point it’s not about Forest. Their initial tweet has nearly 50 million views. They’re standing up to the establishment and have had the balls to do what almost every other team in the league has wanted to do at some point and publically call out the absolutely awful officiating that we see week in and week out (albeit, they went about it completely the wrong way initially!).

“Every team gets bad calls against them”….thats the point. Whether they’ve accepted relegation and are going down in flames and hoping something is done to better the league long term, or our owner is just *that* stubborn with zero F’s to give with regards to repercussions, I don’t know. But every single team who has been aggrieved and on the receiving end of an absolutely dreadful refereeing decision (whether its directly impacted the outcome of the game or not) should be supporting what ultimately they’re now trying to achieve.

They’ve ruffled a lot of feathers in 24 hours and I have a feeling they might not go away quietly.

(I also think that any chance of getting any points back from our deduction appeal has disappeared 🤣)

Lastly, you’re probably right and Neville and Carra. Their employer has a duty to protect the image of the Premier League so they’re likely not going to call it out, even though they should.
This all day long. 👍

I am astonished at fans that have turned this into “ an embarrassing moment for Forest”. It tells me they are accepting mediocrity officiating and that the Problems of VAR are here to stay.

If those decisions had happened for or against City, Liverpool or Arsenal and affected the league at this stage of the season there would be hell on. I do not know of one fan that has had a problem with VAR. THE Everton v Forest game set a new low for VAR. We still have inconsistencies with VAR. Yet when we watch the World Cup and European games we do not have these weekly problems. Is it to much to ask for the richest league in the world. The officials that made mistakes before BAR are now making the same mistakes with VAR. Something needs to change and if Forest “ embarrassing “ themselves “ means that is the straw that broke VARs back then I am all for it, coz at the moment VAR and the prem league officials are rammel.

PaulMdj

Visit site
This all day long. 👍

I am astonished at fans that have turned this into “ an embarrassing moment for Forest”. It tells me they are accepting mediocrity officiating and that the Problems of VAR are here to stay.

If those decisions had happened for or against City, Liverpool or Arsenal and affected the league at this stage of the season there would be hell on. I do not know of one fan that has had a problem with VAR. THE Everton v Forest game set a new low for VAR. We still have inconsistencies with VAR. Yet when we watch the World Cup and European games we do not have these weekly problems. Is it to much to ask for the richest league in the world. The officials that made mistakes before BAR are now making the same mistakes with VAR. Something needs to change and if Forest “ embarrassing “ themselves “ means that is the straw that broke VARs back then I am all for it, coz at the moment VAR and the prem league officials are rammel.
Sorry Tash, but this is garbage my man, the biggest injustice this season has been twice in Lpool games, the wrong offside v Spurs and the handball v Arsenal.

They were ridiculed on here about the fuss they caused. Nobody discussed which team 1 official may of supported, it’s simply smoke and mirrors.

It now turns out they “mentioned” he was a Luton fan to the pgmol, why didn’t they go public or get Everton involved prior to the game? It’s clutching at straws.

As for corruption @Aztecs27 were were you in Oct 23 when Everton fans called them out?

Nobody has yet answered the question as to why a Luton Fan would want either team to lose that game at the weekend? From a footballing sense an Everton loss would of suited them better.

1 real mistake in the game, the 3rd penalty appeal, the other 2 were explained.

You’ll hopefully get an apology (just like other Clubs) for that one, but please, stop the poor Forest lines.

P.S. No guarantees they’d of scored from the spot.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Re Forest calling out the PGMOL for having a Luton fan on VAR at the weekend. Maybe they’ve gone over the top with the way they’ve criticised PGMOL but the criticism is justified. It’s naive of PGMOL to have a Luton fan officiating a match where he might have a vested interest in the outcome. Yes, it can be argued that the official will view things objectively, and that Forest shouldn’t question his integrity. However, there’s no argument against the naturally occurring phenomena of unconscious bias.

Leaving aside the issue of did he get those decisions right, it is just plain stupid, or arrogant, to have the Luton fan officiating in that match.

As for a conspiracy by PGMOL, our own natural belief is no way would they conspire to do something like that. But it’s happened in other leagues around the world, so why not with PGMOL… a “no it couldn’t happen here” is naive too. It happens, and that’s why PGMOL shouldn’t put its officials in the firing line of accusations that it has (potentially) happened.

No doubt Forest will get the book thrown at them, and rightly so. They shouldn’t have used the court of public opinion to make their point.
What a load of rubbish this post is. No one has confirmed he is a Luton fan, straight away you are believing that he is. There are real clear guidelines for the officials and the teams they support or are affiliated to. The Forest post is basically saying the VAR ref was corrupt or a cheat because he supports Luton, nothing else. That is just not acceptable. What is plain stupid and arrogant is you just believing what Forest have said. Nowhere has anyone confiremd he supports Luton, additionally it really makes no difference, either team winning or drawing would have little benefit for Luton.

The whole conspiracy rubbish, every single team gets poor decisions, wrong decsions, dodgy Var, dodgy reffing and this is all based on subjectivity adn that's the issue, when it's not black and white the team that it goes against needs a scapegoat and corrupt and conspiracy and Refs is it. If you speak to Wolves or Bournemouth or Everton or Liverpool and on and on it goes. Are we suggesting that Ref's are conspiring against every team and if so why, what purpose does it serve? Are we suppossed to believe that the ref's want Forest to get relegated above anyone else, why, why would they and what purpose would it server, conspiracies generally have beneficiaries but I see none here, who benefits.

VAR is just being used by fans who's team lose and need an excuse, I think we scrap it and just acccept humnan beings make mistakes, of course then you lose the corrupting and cheating option as well which can be useful for teams that need to look at their own performace and they way the club is run. As an Everton fan I am fed up hearing our fans blame corruption and cherating for us poorly managing our club for years, scapegoats is it.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
This all day long. 👍

In fairness, their drunk tweeting after the game didn’t help 😂, but what you’ve said is exactly the point.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry Tash, but this is garbage my man, the biggest injustice this season has been twice in Lpool games, the wrong offside v Spurs and the handball v Arsenal.

They were ridiculed on here about the fuss they caused. Nobody discussed which team 1 official may of supported, it’s simply smoke and mirrors.

It now turns out they “mentioned” he was a Luton fan to the pgmol, why didn’t they go public or get Everton involved prior to the game? It’s clutching at straws.

As for corruption @Aztecs27 were were you in Oct 23 when Everton fans called them out?

Nobody has yet answered the question as to why a Luton Fan would want either team to lose that game at the weekend? From a footballing sense an Everton loss would of suited them better.

1 real mistake in the game, the 3rd penalty appeal, the other 2 were explained.

You’ll hopefully get an apology (just like other Clubs) for that one, but please, stop the poor Forest lines.

P.S. No guarantees they’d of scored from the spot.
I’ve always maintained that the points deductions handling is garbage. City are likely going to get away with their 115 charges.

As for an Everton win benefitting Luton more (if Atwell is, in fact a Luton fan), I’m still struggling to get my head around this. They have a game in hand and we are one measly point above them with 2 inform sides to play at home and 2 teams we’ll struggle to beat away from home.

Any awful decision making by the officials should be called out and they should be made accountable. Whether it’s Liverpoo or City or Forest, Everton or Wolves.

It’s baffling to me that we all complain about how terrible VAR has been and just accept it without them being held to account. Because “complaining won’t help”.

That’s precisely why (I assume) Forest have basically thrown themselves to the wolves, in the hope that by some miracle, they escape and actually force change for the betterment of the entire league.

for the record, I don’t think there’s some sort of agenda driven corruption but some of the decision making by VAR and PGMOL is the main issue at play.

Take the Grealish hand ball from the FA cup semi. It definitely hit him, and definitely hit his arm and I think every sane person would agree it’s handball.

Even if it’s NOT handball….how’s it a goal kick? 😂 This is the level of incompetence that has to be called out and changed.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Take the Grealish hand ball from the FA cup semi. It definitely hit him, and definitely hit his arm and I think every sane person would agree it’s handball.

Even if it’s NOT handball….how’s it a goal kick? 😂 This is the level of incompetence that has to be called out and changed.
That one is easy, the ref and linesman don't think the ball hit him at all hence on Pen and a Goal kick. Previously without VAR we would have gone, oh dear, refs missed that one and moved on.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
That one is easy, the ref and linesman don't think the ball hit him at all hence on Pen and a Goal kick. Previously without VAR we would have gone, oh dear, refs missed that one and moved on.
You’ve proved my point to an extent. Get rid of VAR (or make it fit for purpose) and the majority of these gripes from almost every single team go away.

That’s what Forest are trying to do now, force change and not just accept the sub-par system we have now.

(I’m not convinced they’ll succeed by the way but you never know where ruffling some feathers will get you)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You’ve proved my point to an extent. Get rid of VAR (or make it fit for purpose) and the majority of these gripes from almost every single team go away.

That’s what Forest are trying to do now, force change and not just accept the sub-par system we have now.

(I’m not convinced they’ll succeed by the way but you never know where ruffling some feathers will get you)
Part of the problem for me ( well most of it) is managers are not allowed to say what they think in these situations without facing sanctions.
So a lot of the really bad reffing displays are only called out by the fans.
The media seem scared of losing their rights to televise games. Especially MOTD.

Webb has made things worse.
But by silencing managers they are trying to gloss over these very poor officials.
Get Piers Morgan to quiz Webb on “refs Mic up “ instead of Michael Owen

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Part of the problem for me ( well most of it) is managers are not allowed to say what they think in these situations without facing sanctions.
So a lot of the really bad reffing displays are only called out by the fans.
The media seem scared of losing their rights to televise games. Especially MOTD.

Webb has made things worse.
But by silencing managers they are trying to gloss over these very poor officials.
Get Piers Morgan to quiz Webb on “refs Mic up “ instead of Michael Owen
Exactly. They're quick to punish managers and teams at the first sign of calling out their shortcomings - all the while the referees can go about their business without any sort of punishment if they've had a complete howler (lets not pretend that being "relegated to the VAR room" is any sort of punishment).

The ones NOT calling it out have a vested interest in keeping the Premier League onside (Sky, BBC etc).

At least forest have had the balls (rightly or wrongly) to stand up, take the punishment and, best case scenario, drive change to ensure accountability in future - which will benefit EVERYONE. Why people are against this and would rather just bury their head in the sand and accept the poor officiating, is beyond me.

RichA

Visit site
Forest might get relegated, but Forest fans rebranding them as Martyrs.

Every fan should bow to Forest, saviors of football :)
Get a grip. You make enough noise when the slightest thing goes against united.
As a Forest fan I don't agree with the conspiracy theories or the self-indulgent poor us routine. Bad decisions are everywhere and you have to hope they do even themselves out eventually.
Although it's pointless and misguided, at least Forest are actually saying what they think rather than making clear what they think while hiding behind weasel comments to avoid PL infractions, like many others are doing almost constantly.