The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55834354

Christ the guy had his issue but what a player he was , got to be up there with the best the Prem has seen - 69 goals in 110 games . He is one player in the last 20 years I would take back right now
I assume you mean as the player he was and not the one he is now? He wouldn’t work in the Liverpool system anymore but yea, back in the day he’d have slotted in perfectly to this system.

D

Deleted member 1740

Yea the tactics helped Liverpool massively after you played poorly the last 4/5 games and not scoring for god knows how long we conceded possession and that helped you get plenty of the ball and build confidence.

I couldn’t believe how much freedom you had first half, the best team deservedly won.

After another false dawn it’s back to the same but only worse now as I’ve got to endure more of the same bloody tactics.

10 men behind the ball then lumping it to Kane/Son was like Allardyce tactics ??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
10 men behind the ball then lumping it to Kane/Son was like Allardyce tactics ??
I'm not sure we had any tactics, or at least I'm not sure what they were. Once we lose Kane we're completely directionless because nobody can do what he does - only precious few players on earth can let alone in our squad.

When I saw the line-up I thought we were going to go 4-4-2 as we did last time against Liverpool - with Doherty in front of Aurier (as opposed to Sissoko as it was last time), Bergwijn left - which he did to stop their full backs. That would have made some sense as we played alright in that game, just got done by a very late goal. But the system he ended up using made no sense at all. Doherty on the left when he has no left foot whatsoever and no real pace to keep up with Salah. As Davies was fit in the end, why not put him on the left and bring Toby in at centre back at least? Bergwijn is useless in attack as well, pointless playing him there really.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A guy who hasn’t scored all season and a guy who hasn’t played all season

you’re easily pleased ?

Provides cover for the squad

Can play either wing to free fornals or Bowen to cover up top in Bowens case or midfield in fornals case

He isnt for the first team

It's a squad game

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yes but he did have a bit of bite about him.;)
I once attended a refs' evening arranged by our local fa. Clattenberg was the guest speaker. He said that of all the players he reffed, Suarez was the one who made the biggest difference to any team - not selfish or mememe, the consumate team player.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Suarez was absolutely unstoppable on his day, that's for sure. I had the misfortunate of being at White Hart Lane the day we had Fryers and Capoue playing in defence and they stuffed us 5-0 - should have been more. Suarez had an absolutely field day! It was like watching him play against school kids. That was when AVB got the sack I think.

JoeyStyles

Visit site
Suarez is still perfect in Atletico. What a magnificent striker! I think that he would be pretty useful in today's Liverpool as well.