The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
How was this allowed to happen that Nike can do a playful take on the St George cross on the back of the New England strip. The people that run our game signed this off. Disgusting.

Here’s my playful take on the Nike logo

Attachments

• IMG_1506.jpeg
    IMG_1506.jpeg
    56.1 KB · Views: 9

Swango1980

Visit site
I find the vandalism of England's national flag absolutely disgusting.
Whoever signed this off should be sacked.
Definitely an error of judgment. Supporters of national teams are often done with a sense of national pride. The St Georges cross appearing in house windows and flying from cars when England play in a national tournament, kids (and some adults) painting their face. I can imagine some of the disgust from fans of other nations if the kit sponsor / their FA decided to deface their national flag.

But, we oddly seem to live in a society these days where we should be ashamed of ourselves, and constantly be reminded how we should be treating other groups of people much better. Which is ironic as England seems to be one of the top spots in the world where many people would love to live for a much higher quality of life (despite how much us natives like to moan about the weather and institutions like the BBC :) ).

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I couldn't give a stuff what the England shirt looks like when it costs 85 quid, but they should have just not mentioned it having anything to do with the St George's cross. If they just said "here's the shirt, please give us 85 quid" I don't think people would have cared.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Funny how no one cried when Nike released a shirt with lots of different coloured little crosses on it a few years ago. What has changed?

Why aren’t people complaining that the collar is blue therefore make the background of the apparent flag completely wrong.

Melts!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can't quite see what the fuss is about? Nike have substituted another cross instead of the St George's Cross. Its not red on a white background so it's not the St George's Cross. OK, the England shirt should have the St George's Cross on it but to claim the England national flag has been defaced, vandalised, or otherwise defamed is a bit OTT. IMO.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Can't quite see what the fuss is about? Nike have substituted another cross instead of the St George's Cross. Its not red on a white background so it's not the St George's Cross. OK, the England shirt should have the St George's Cross on it but to claim the England national flag has been defaced, vandalised, or otherwise defamed is a bit OTT. IMO.
It’s funny watching the people who call everyone else a snowflake or easily offended, being easily offended.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Surely it’s the FA at fault, any shirt manafacturer will look to change, update etc a product, the FA obviously signed off on it, so why all the anger at Nike?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely it’s the FA at fault, any shirt manafacturer will look to change, update etc a product, the FA obviously signed off on it, so why all the anger at Nike?
That is where the original design came from I guess. They must have bamboozled the FA in a sexy presentation :cool:

Ultimately, this will blow over in a few days. That or they will change the design and Nike will sell off the multi coloured batch at a premium for rarity value :LOL:

Swango1980

Visit site
I couldn't give a stuff what the England shirt looks like when it costs 85 quid, but they should have just not mentioned it having anything to do with the St George's cross. If they just said "here's the shirt, please give us 85 quid" I don't think people would have cared.
Although, if they kept it quiet, it would probably defeat the purpose of them changing it in the first place. Might as well just keep it as the England flag

PaulMdj

Visit site
That is where the original design came from I guess. They must have bamboozled the FA in a sexy presentation :cool:

Ultimately, this will blow over in a few days. That or they will change the design and Nike will sell off the multi coloured batch at a premium for rarity value :LOL:
If we lose the friendlies we can blame Nike, nothing to do with GS.😬

Swango1980

Visit site
It’s funny watching the people who call everyone else a snowflake or easily offended, being easily offended.
There is probably a difference between somebody consuming all of their time and effort, shouting and screaming how they hate something, and maybe starting a campaign or starting legal action due to the pain and suffering it has allegedly caused them, and somebody simply saying "yeah, that was not a good idea, not a decision I would make" and then getting on with their everyday life :)

It might be more interesting to see whether the decision has any impact on shirt sales. Will they drop by 5%, or even increase by 5%? That might be a better overall metric to decide whether it was a good idea, rather than individual opinions.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I always thought it was the 3 Lions that was the official badge, the St George’s Cross on the back of the collar is a recent addition.🤷‍♂️
Of course. There is no requirement at all for a flag to be on the shirt, whether it be the actual flag or a 'reimagined' version of it. It's just a design choice.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

sell it at a premium??????

Its already £125 for an "authentic" version and £85 for a "stadium" version.