The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

We've learned that Ange isn't happy with a draw in any circumstance, it's win or bust.
A very dangerous attitude to have, I wonder how long that lasts when 10 draws per season could be the difference between CL and Conference league.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You’re missing the point. At 1-1 you don’t need to to score, so keep it tight, frustrate the opposition and as they open up more then counter attack.

That Chelsea side is one of the worst we’ve seen in a long time. They only had balls in behind and pacy attackers. Stop that and they wouldn’t have scored, even against 9 men.

The point is the manager doesn’t want to settle for a draw he wants to try and win games no matter what.

I agree Chelsea are poor but they would have scored eventually.

Time will tell if he’s successful but it’s far better than he last two managers

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I disagree. He doesn’t make contact with Sterling for the 1st one, if there’s no contact it can’t be reckless. The 2nd is still only a foul, irrespective if he’s on a card or not. Not every foul is a yellow card. We accept these types of 2nd yellows because they’ve been wrongly given in recent years.
I don't believe there needs to be contact for a foul to be awarded or indeed for a card to be given.

D

Deleted member 1740

The point is the manager doesn’t want to settle for a draw he wants to try and win games no matter what.

I agree Chelsea are poor but they would have scored eventually.

Time will tell if he’s successful but it’s far better than he last two managers
That’s fine,it’s his prerogative to set his teams up as he wishes. It’s a game of opinions.

I honestly dont believe they would’ve.

What would be classed as success for Spurs under Postecoglu?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That’s fine,it’s his prerogative to set his teams up as he wishes. It’s a game of opinions.

Top four would be incredible. 5th or 6th and back in Europe would also be deemed a success. The football has already been improved so that's a tick there.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No the 1st he won the ball and Sterling dived/feigned injury, from the replays I seen he never touched Sterling. If he catches Sterling then that’s a yellow.

In all honesty the 2nd didn’t deserve a yellow neither. Yes stupid tackle and a foul all day long but definitely not worth a yellow.
Comical

2 foot, studs up, off the ground. The fact he doesn’t make a lot of contact saves him from the red. Reckless rather than dangerous.

the 2nd one he knew instantly it was a 2nd yellow, hence his reaction. Sterling has knocked the ball away to go past and he has dived in making clear contact. It’s a yellow in every sense

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I disagree. He doesn’t make contact with Sterling for the 1st one, if there’s no contact it can’t be reckless. The 2nd is still only a foul, irrespective if he’s on a card or not. Not every foul is a yellow card. We accept these types of 2nd yellows because they’ve been wrongly given in recent years.
you do know what reckless means don’t you La? 😬

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Top four would be a success in his first season and I think that’s possible now, disappointed he didn’t put out a stronger team in the micky mouse cup, with no European football I didn’t see the need for it.

But in the next 2 seasons we got to win a trophy to be classed as a success.

Swango1980

Visit site
That's a strange take. I think most would say with the modern rules he was lucky not to get a red for the first challenge. He's gone to ground with two feet, won the ball but that doesn't matter if you're reckless and out of control these days. Second one definite yellow, stupid tackle when you're on a card already.

Thought Ange's interview was fantastic. He spoke about how we need to accept ref's decisions or what we end up with is enormous VAR delays and the refs having no authority to award anything. Contrast that with Arteta's embarrassing rant the other day.
It was a good interview. Interesting to see how Spurs do after they have a set back. His interview was an initial indicator that they will stay strong and focused, rather than panic and start blaming everyone else for their loss.

Let's see how they get through the injuries and suspensions now.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was a good interview. Interesting to see how Spurs do after they have a set back. His interview was an initial indicator that they will stay strong and focused, rather than panic and start blaming everyone else for their loss.

Let's see how they get through the injuries and suspensions now.
Unfortunately I think we're screwed now. You don't go from Romero and Van de Ven to Dier and Royal/Davies and keep playing to the same standard, it's just not possible. We will drop more points this month. We knew at the time it was stupid not to buy another centre back, especially when letting Sanchez leave.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Credit to Ange for his post match interview on his approach and his refusal to criticise refs or VAR. Some other managers and clubs should have done the same.
The worst thing about Ange is that he's sensible enough to slightly dilute my schadenfreude amusement at what unfolded last night. Spoilsport.
He's the complete opposite of Arteta, who's just ridiculous at this point.
Still, for the neutral (in the sense that I wanted both teams to lose), last night was the most fabulous entertainment.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
All I'm saying is I remember when a certain Spurs fan thought it was all going sideways when they signed their very talented goalkeeper and sold Kane... ;)

Cracking side to watch

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Credit to Ange for his post match interview on his approach and his refusal to criticise refs or VAR. Some other managers and clubs should have done the same.
Really irked me that the knob interviewing him was trying to bait him into criticising them too - like it's to be expected now.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
All I'm saying is I remember when a certain Spurs fan thought it was all going sideways when they signed their very talented goalkeeper and sold Kane... ;)

Cracking side to watch
Find them very likeable under Ange. Obviously they've got Ricarlison, who is not likeable in anyway shape, or form; but they've got some likeable dudes who graft hard (impossible to dislike Son) and they play some very attractive football. I tend to keep an eye on them more now Brennan Johnson's gone there (although still looks weird seeing him in anything other than a Forest shirt) - felt for him last night when he was sacrificed after Romero's stupid challenge, having been given his first start (and looked good for it too)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really irked me that the knob interviewing him was trying to bait him into criticising them too - like it's to be expected now.
I don't know his name but I hate that interviewer. He does it every single time. Keep prodding them until they say something to get themselves fined.

And yeah that was a shame Johnson had to go off. Would have been a nice battle to see him up against James.