• Start date

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
G
In your opinion.

At least the winnings would be actual champions

Finishing 3rd in the premier league is not champs

But winning a fa cup is
What did West Ham win to be able to qualify for the Conf League? Would you really take all that away for the fans?

I agree with you in the real world but European football is arranged for monetary purpose as opposed to rewarding it for sucess.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
G

What did West Ham win to be able to qualify for the Conf League? Would you really take all that away for the fans?

I agree with you in the real world but European football is arranged for monetary purpose as opposed to rewarding it for sucess.

That's beside the point isn't it
That's 3rd tier European football

As I said in my original post. Champs league for champs only

2-5 get Europa
6-7 get conference

They created the new 3rd tier to give other teams a chance because they have created a basic monopoly

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
That's beside the point isn't it
That's 3rd tier European football

As I said in my original post. Champs league for champs only

2-5 get Europa
6-7 get conference

They created the new 3rd tier to give other teams a chance because they have created a basic monopoly
Why is it beside the point?

You cant complain that anyone who finishes 2nd/3rd/4th shouldnt be able to compete but yet your team finishes 6/7th wins a 3rd rate european competition then celebrate and post the way you have in recent days.

Do you really believe what you've posted? In your world you would create a 2nd european competition that would be stronger than the CL. Have a look who finished where and you'd realise you're talking pony.

Swango1980

Visit site
In your opinion.

At least the winnings would be actual champions

Finishing 3rd in the premier league is not champs

But winning a fa cup is
In regards to the 98/99 season, who cares? The year Utd won the Champions League they were also champions of England. We aren't talking about the 1997/98 side.

I'd rather it that way that winning the Champions League, yet not even being Champions of your own country that year.

I get the whole "Champion's League" title isn't named too well though

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why is it beside the point?

You cant complain that anyone who finishes 2nd/3rd/4th shouldnt be able to compete but yet your team finishes 6/7th wins a 3rd rate european competition then celebrate and post the way you have in recent days.

Do you really believe what you've posted? In your world you would create a 2nd european competition that would be stronger than the CL. Have a look who finished where and you'd realise you're talking pony.

No you are now just picking holes

I said , which I stand by the "champions" league should be for the champions

Any other European football that exists should be for others down the league

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In regards to the 98/99 season, who cares? The year Utd won the Champions League they were also champions of England. We aren't talking about the 1997/98 side.

I'd rather it that way that winning the Champions League, yet not even being Champions of your own country that year.

I get the whole "Champion's League" title isn't named too well though

At least when you won the treble the qualification for "champs" league was the top 2.. and you were what 1 point off the league.

Not like you were 4th

Too many English teams qualify for it for sure

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
No you are now just picking holes

I said , which I stand by the "champions" league should be for the champions

Any other European football that exists should be for others down the league
Haha you're talking absolute pony and now you're trying to reverse it.

Would you pay a score a month to watch FC Copenhagen play v CSKA Sofia??

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haha you're talking absolute pony and now you're trying to reverse it.

Would you pay a score a month to watch FC Copenhagen play v CSKA Sofia??

To be fair I can say whatever I want .. and celebrate however I want...

I don't agree with the way the champ league is qualified for.. but doesn't mean I wouldn't celebrate if we won it by finishing 3rd (never going to happen)

Just like the play offs for championship.. 3rd should go up but didn't mean I didn't enjoy both the play off finals I got to go to..

I don't disagree with the champions league on moral grounds so why does it even matter? I just really disagree with the name

If it was called uefa league 1 .. then fair

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
To be fair I can say whatever I want .. and celebrate however I want...

I don't agree with the way the champ league is qualified for.. but doesn't mean I wouldn't celebrate if we won it by finishing 3rd (never going to happen)

Just like the play offs for championship.. 3rd should go up but didn't mean I didn't enjoy both the play off finals I got to go to..

I don't disagree with the champions league on moral grounds so why does it even matter? I just really disagree with the name

If it was called uefa league 1 .. then fair
So you're admitting to being argumentative berk on this forum, something that is forbidden by the rules of said forum? We've had this conversation when the mickeys won it, are we really still having this converstaion?

Hopefully Cheif mod Fragger deals with you how he deals with other perpetrators.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So you're admitting to being argumentative berk on this forum, something that is forbidden by the rules of said forum? We've had this conversation when the mickeys won it, are we really still having this converstaion?

Hopefully Cheif mod Fragger deals with you how he deals with other perpetrators.

Considering what you just posted is completely argumentative it doesn't really hold water?

Feel free to report to @PhilTheFragger because nothing of what I said broke the rules. Just my opinion

Your entitled to yours. I'm entitled to mine

Considering the Mickeys won the champ league in 2019 and you joined in 2020 we didn't unless your previously banned.

Swango1980

Visit site
Considering what you just posted is completely argumentative it doesn't really hold water?

Feel free to report to @PhilTheFragger because nothing of what I said broke the rules. Just my opinion

Your entitled to yours. I'm entitled to mine

Considering the Mickeys won the champ league in 2019 and you joined in 2020 we didn't unless your previously banned.
To be fair, he called you a "berk", so I think if any post is going to get deleted.... :)

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Anyway, in other news (as there’s actually quite a big game of football currently being played), I wonder how much more patronising the BT Sport commentary team can possibly be when referring to Inter. Squeaky Steve McManaman in particular.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyway, in other news (as there’s actually quite a big game of football currently being played), I wonder how much more patronising the BT Sport commentary team can possibly be when referring to Inter. Squeaky Steve McManaman in particular.

Inter looking like they won't just be pushed aside.

Really making city work for anything

Refs letting a few bits go which is good to see

Not seen much Italian anti football either