The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He is class
And just think what their team will look like in a couple of seasons time when Haaland ends up there as well. I'm not sure I'd fancy being an opposition defender if those we've mentioned are their front six. Not sure how much cover they'd give the defense though. Get a team like Man City going for it against them and it could end up in a 12-12 draw.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
And just think what their team will look like in a couple of seasons time when Haaland ends up there as well. I'm not sure I'd fancy being an opposition defender if those we've mentioned are their front six. Not sure how much cover they'd give the defense though. Get a team like Man City going for it against them and it could end up in a 12-12 draw.
I reckon Haaland stays at City whilst Pep is there.
Whey would you leave?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I reckon Haaland stays at City whilst Pep is there.
Whey would you leave?

I'm sure that he has previously been quoted as saying that he wants to prove himself in all of the top leagues in Europe. He's done Germany and made a pretty good start in England so that leaves Spain and Italy as the last two.

He'll be 23 in July so another couple of years at City to take him up to 25, three or four years in Madrid up to 28/29, three years in Italy up to 31/32 and then retire to France for a couple of years to complete the big five European leagues.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I'm sure that he has previously been quoted as saying that he wants to prove himself in all of the top leagues in Europe. He's done Germany and made a pretty good start in England so that leaves Spain and Italy as the last two.

He'll be 23 in July so another couple of years at City to take him up to 25, three or four years in Madrid up to 28/29, three years in Italy up to 31/32 and then retire to France for a couple of years to complete the big five European leagues.

But if you thought City was top 2-3 in Europe, and you were getting a good resigning bonus, would you move on. He’s used to Northern Europe weather. He’s settled, and he’s storming at City at present.

D

Deleted member 15344

Pretty exciting end to the Bundasliga

Dortmund in the driving seat but looks like a draw at Mainz is not going to be enough , they have had loads of chances been very poor in front of goal - didn’t help missing a lot of their big players

Munich have just about managed to get over the line - even then during the game Cologne snuck an equaliser to give it back to Dortmund but a bit of quality from Musiala put it back with Bayern

It’s now 11 years in a row for Bayern

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
Pretty exciting end to the Bundasliga

Dortmund in the driving seat but looks like a draw at Mainz is not going to be enough , they have had loads of chances been very poor in front of goal - didn’t help missing a lot of their big players

Munich have just about managed to get over the line - even then during the game Cologne snuck an equaliser to give it back to Dortmund but a bit of quality from Musiala put it back with Bayern

It’s now 11 years in a row for Bayern
The Premier League will end up just like the Bundesliga.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But if you thought City was top 2-3 in Europe, and you were getting a good resigning bonus, would you move on. He’s used to Northern Europe weather. He’s settled, and he’s storming at City at present.

I think it will depend on what happens with Guardiola in 2025 once his contract is up. If he signs an extension and City are still doing well then I could see Haaland staying. If Guardiola goes that might prompt Haaland to also look to move on. Even if he stayed at City for a couple of years beyond that he'd still only be 27 so not exactly past it, but I expect to see him at Madrid at some point.

Swango1980

Visit site
Yep - it’s not far from it , only our league win 3 years ago stopped city from winning each of the last 6 years.
Bit like Blackburn stopped Utd winning multiple seasons, and Arsenal.

However, I doubt PL will end up like Bundesliga. Too many other teams with lots of money and big histories, they are bound to have things click eventually. And I'm sure City won't be immense for eternity