The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I see Graham Potter is, allegedly, the fourth highest paid manager in the world. Really? Clearly not on performance related pay, then.

🙄

Billysboots

Visit site
I see DDG is allegedly the highest paid goalkeeper in the world. Really? Clearly not on performance related pay ;)

All joking aside, in the event Chelsea eventually decide to sack Potter, I shudder to think what the cost will be.

And just imagine what Dodgy Dave would be earning if he could play with the ball at his feet 😳

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
All joking aside, in the event Chelsea eventually decide to sack Potter, I shudder to think what the cost will be.

And just imagine what Dodgy Dave would be earning if he could play with the ball at his feet 😳

wont be the first or last big cheque Chelsea have written to relieve a manager of their duties, almost part of their culture now :)

have to teach him to come for cormers too, especially as his shot stopping starts to decline with age and the errors increase. wonder just how much of a pay cut theyre currently asking him to take if he wants to stay?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I see DDG is allegedly the highest paid goalkeeper in the world. Really? Clearly not on performance related pay ;)

De Gea's been one of the best keepers in the world for the last 10 years and was United's POTY twice in a row, if that's not performance related pay I don't know what is.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
De Gea's been one of the best keepers in the world for the last 10 years and was United's POTY twice in a row, if that's not performance related pay I don't know what is.
Best keeper in the world about 5-6 years ago maybe. Definitely not recently. A club of United's size with their keeper POTY, that just says it all about where their defence has been at.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Maybe a few years ago but not close to being the best keeper in the premier league (or even his own club until they loaned out Henderson) the last year or two, let alone the world, dont know too many United fans who want to see him sign a new contract and would much rather they went shopping for Raya or similar

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Best keeper in the world about 5-6 years ago maybe. Definitely not recently. A club of United's size with their keeper POTY, that just says it all about where their defence has been at.

One of the best over the last 10.

I agree, terrible defences and teams but thats not DDG's fault. He was still superb.

Maybe a few years ago but not close to being the best keeper in the premier league (or even his own club until they loaned out Henderson) the last year or two, let alone the world, dont know too many United fans who want to see him sign a new contract and would much rather they went shopping for Raya or similar

Again, over the last 10 years - I didn't say he is now.

And yeah his time may be coming to an end - but he's been fantastic for United for so many years, they've not needed to even look at the position since he came in up until the last year or so.. There's so much value in that!

Billysboots

Visit site

I think his days are numbered, not because of his shot stopping, which is still top drawer, but because of his distribution. In the context of modern ‘keepers he has been left behind somewhat. But then Nick Pope is hardly good with the ball at his feet.

Dean Henderson? Don’t get me started. Disruptive, egotistical and arrogant. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near my club. Add to the mix that he is a little too short to ever truly command his six yard box, and you have a package that means he will never be a top four club first choice goalkeeper.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think his days are numbered, not because of his shot stopping, which is still top drawer, but because of his distribution. In the context of modern ‘keepers he has been left behind somewhat. But then Nick Pope is hardly good with the ball at his feet.

Dean Henderson? Don’t get me started. Disruptive, egotistical and arrogant. I wouldn’t want him anywhere near my club. Add to the mix that he is a little too short to ever truly command his six yard box, and you have a package that means he will never be a top four club first choice goalkeeper.

Think his inability to play the sweeper role hurts you too as it means a defense which doesnt have an abundance of pace has to sit a bit deeper than it ideally would if you have a keeper doing that role behind

As an outsider Id be surprised if you dont sign a new keeper this summer, happy, but surprised ;)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's what I mean. It's like when a lower-midtable keeper looks like an excellent shot-stopper, but the truth is he just has lots of shots to stop.

or you can use xG stats against actual goals conceded and get a more nuanced view. DDG used to do very well on them but this year much closer to the bottom than the top

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
We actually have spent some serious money since coming up but quite like Forest, we came up with a thin squad and lots of loaned players, we splashed big in year 1 to build a squad of our own players.

Think this summer we will see another bigger spend again!

Well, at least you’ll have the parachute payments to fund it…;):ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 31467

Liverpool are 4/1 to win at City today. With their unpredictability right now that could be worth a cheeky flutter :unsure: