The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anthony Gordon from Everton to Newcastle for £40m plus add-ons being reported as a nigh on done deal.

As a Newcastle fan I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest. Now granted I dont watch Everton much so probably dont have a proper view of him or his abilities but....when I first saw him a couple of seasons ago he seemed like a hardworking industrious player with a good degree of raw talent...he looked GOOD.

In recent times from what I've seen, he appears to be more of an angry wasp who has spent too much time suckling on fermenting apples.....racing round like a man possessed, snapping and biting left right and centre at anything in front of him, uncontrolled and liable to see red at any moment. Add in the fact that he seems to have downed tools to force the move through and it appears that he might be someone with a bit of an "attitude"....given the togetherness of the Newcastle squad at the moment I'm not sure whether he has the ability to knuckle down, fit in and get with the "work ethos" demonstrated by the squad. The last thing we need is another Craig Bellamy.

Hopefully Eddie Howe sees something there that he can work with, maybe knock some of the rough edges, mould him into the type of player who would work within the team...maybe develop him in the same way that he has Joelinton and Almiron.

Everton fans thoughts on Gordon would be interesting to hear?

Not an everton fan but feels like a lot of money based on what Ive seen of Gordon, he definitely has some pace but not sure Ive seen too much else to get to this sort of tfr fee. That said plenty of sides been watching and interested so they must be seeing something

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Holding guaranteed to get a red now.
Thought he was a bit unlucky.
Haaland has hold of him as much as he has.
proper good scrap but the ref has to let them get on with it.
just hope he books Halland next time he has hold of Holdings shirt.

if the subs not ready to come on just carry on not wait for him to put his makeup on.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
City have made 2 changes.

Aresenal are the in form team. 5 points ahead with a game in hand.

Holding has climbed all over Haaland all half.

Ok so I'm biased but them's the facts...gonna have to lose that underdog tag at some stage!!!

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anthony Gordon from Everton to Newcastle for £40m plus add-ons being reported as a nigh on done deal.

As a Newcastle fan I'm not sure how I feel about this to be honest. Now granted I dont watch Everton much so probably dont have a proper view of him or his abilities but....when I first saw him a couple of seasons ago he seemed like a hardworking industrious player with a good degree of raw talent...he looked GOOD.

In recent times from what I've seen, he appears to be more of an angry wasp who has spent too much time suckling on fermenting apples.....racing round like a man possessed, snapping and biting left right and centre at anything in front of him, uncontrolled and liable to see red at any moment. Add in the fact that he seems to have downed tools to force the move through and it appears that he might be someone with a bit of an "attitude"....given the togetherness of the Newcastle squad at the moment I'm not sure whether he has the ability to knuckle down, fit in and get with the "work ethos" demonstrated by the squad. The last thing we need is another Craig Bellamy.

Hopefully Eddie Howe sees something there that he can work with, maybe knock some of the rough edges, mould him into the type of player who would work within the team...maybe develop him in the same way that he has Joelinton and Almiron.

To be fair to Bellamy whenever he played you couldn’t question his attitude. He always gave 110% even when Souness played him out of position

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

He always gets good marks for his diving skills.
but he might do well with a good manager to reign him in a bit.
you can’t fault his work rate but his finishing isn’t good.imo