The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
No, not all of a sudden; Anthony Taylor has made a number of ridiculous decisions over the years against Chelsea. He sent Kovacic off in the last FA Cup final against Arsenal for having his foot stamped on by an Arsenal player; he allowed a goal that should have been given offside in the previous FA Cup Final against Arsenal to stand; he saw absolutely nothing wrong with Harry Maguire driving his studs into Michy Batshuayi's groin in a petulant kick out; and perhaps the finest example was his yellow carding of Marcus Alonso for being karate kicked in the head by Gazzaniga. And there are other examples, all of which have been held up by pundits & retired referees, not just irritated fans. The only saving grace about the last example was that VAR actually overturned that one.

When I quoted the ref, it don’t just mean Anthony Taylor, it means all of them who are referees. Yesterday example was an example

No, he put himself in that position; the incident happened right in front of him, he should have seen enough of it to award the foul at the bare minimum. The fact that Mike "It's all about me" Dean didn't decide that VAR should intervene just rubs salt into the wound.

If you saw the Forest game, you could say exactly the same when the West Ham player ran into the Forest defender. The ref should of seen it, he never did. He Went to the screen and overturned the goal. Exactly the same happened at Chelsea. VAR saw something yet it never went further. Why? He should of give a foul at the bare minimum.

We don't have to wait for the next time; Robert Huth received a respective 3 match ban in 2016 for pulling Marouane Fellaini's hair, so the precedent has been set.

Exactly, this was mentioned on MOTD last night. Stockley knew this yet nothing happened. Why? They should have to answer for there decision, But it all falls back onto Anthony. His workmates never helped him.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-huth-manchester-united-leicester-city-banned

I've been watching football long enough to know that sometimes things go your way & sometimes they don't, but the number of times that they have gone against with this ref involved appears to be much more frequent than the law of averages would suggest.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No, not all of a sudden; Anthony Taylor has made a number of ridiculous decisions over the years against Chelsea. He sent Kovacic off in the last FA Cup final against Arsenal for having his foot stamped on by an Arsenal player; he allowed a goal that should have been given offside in the previous FA Cup Final against Arsenal to stand; he saw absolutely nothing wrong with Harry Maguire driving his studs into Michy Batshuayi's groin in a petulant kick out; and perhaps the finest example was his yellow carding of Marcus Alonso for being karate kicked in the head by Gazzaniga. And there are other examples, all of which have been held up by pundits & retired referees, not just irritated fans. The only saving grace about the last example was that VAR actually overturned that one.

No, he put himself in that position; the incident happened right in front of him, he should have seen enough of it to award the foul at the bare minimum. The fact that Mike "It's all about me" Dean didn't decide that VAR should intervene just rubs salt into the wound.

We don't have to wait for the next time; Robert Huth received a respective 3 match ban in 2016 for pulling Marouane Fellaini's hair, so the precedent has been set.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-huth-manchester-united-leicester-city-banned

I've been watching football long enough to know that sometimes things go your way & sometimes they don't, but the number of times that they have gone against with this ref involved appears to be much more frequent than the law of averages would suggest.
Not just you though he seems to do it every week.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

The end result is extreme mistrust from many, and automatically blaming the referee for any decision that went against them, especially if the result did not go their way. I'm sure, for example, Chelsea fans will happily slate Taylor for all the decisions that went against them. However, they will not give him any credit for any decisions he made in their favour. I am guessing, over the years, Taylor will have awarded a decision Chelsea's way, much to the anger of the opposition.

If we could hear VAR and the ref speak, at least we could hear their reasoning over any decision. It also puts more accountability on the VAR ref. Assuming their bosses believe in their ability and professionalism, then I can only see this being a positive step forward. It would also be nice to hear an adult conversation in amongst all the theatrics from players and managers.

Perhaps you could point those out to me then?

Most referees there isn't an issue with; the fans accept they make mistakes & accept they even up to a degree. In the case of Taylor the sheer magnitude & the number of them that go against far outweighs anything he might have given us in error.

Yesterday's was right under his nose. There really is no excuse.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Not just you though he seems to do it every week.

I can't say I've noticed it with him & other teams but I'm happy to be corrected if you can point them out to me, both in numbers & magnitude of error. However I'd have to say I'm sceptical because if he was that bad with everyone he wouldn't get an appointment on Hackney Marshes.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Most referees there isn't an issue with; the fans accept they make mistakes & accept they even up to a degree. In the case of Taylor the sheer magnitude & the number of them that go against far outweighs anything he might have given us in error.

I suspect that, because he has given a few decisions against your team, you are now looking for every ‘mistake’ you think he makes and this is skewing your results. Just like people think high handicappers win every knockout match ?

Swango1980

Visit site

I can't, because they are long forgotten. You would never have made a point about complaining about them if they went in your favour, and I don't remember any other fans blaming Taylor as much as you have done. Doesn't mean no one has, I just don't remember it.

There must be an excuse, because he didn't give it. Excuses may be that he didn't see it as he was looking in a slightly different direction, and it happened quickly in real time. Maybe he saw something, but in that split second wasn't sure if it was anything major or not. Maybe if he had seen it again on video, he'd have made a very different decision. I don't know, you'd have to have that conversation with him.

However, I doubt the reason is that he is incompetent. I know fans love to use that old excuse when they are in pain after their team losing out. But, has he not been a referee long enough that if he truly was incompetent, he could easily have been phased out and another referee come in (unless all referees are incompetent I suppose). By the sounds of it, this is a Chelsea issue. Poor old Chelsea? However, if he really was biased against Chelsea I would be extremely surprised. It seems like a huge risk to a referees career for them to be intentionally biased for or against any team. So, although I cannot rule out that he has taken bribes from a Chelsea hater, or he is a secret Chelsea hater himself, I doubt that is the excuse.

As a neutral, Taylor's performance didn't stand out as being bad. The tackle on Havertz was borderline, so I was a bit surprised it wasn't given. However, we have seen a lot of those types of challenges not being penalised this season, and a lot happened between that and the goal. The hair pull was a foul, but a referee probably has about 18-20 players in and around the box when a corner comes in, all of them jostling away. So his focus may have been in a slight different direction when the hair pull happened.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't, because they are long forgotten. You would never have made a point about complaining about them if they went in your favour, and I don't remember any other fans blaming Taylor as much as you have done. Doesn't mean no one has, I just don't remember it.

There must be an excuse, because he didn't give it. Excuses may be that he didn't see it as he was looking in a slightly different direction, and it happened quickly in real time. Maybe he saw something, but in that split second wasn't sure if it was anything major or not. Maybe if he had seen it again on video, he'd have made a very different decision. I don't know, you'd have to have that conversation with him.

However, I doubt the reason is that he is incompetent. I know fans love to use that old excuse when they are in pain after their team losing out. But, has he not been a referee long enough that if he truly was incompetent, he could easily have been phased out and another referee come in (unless all referees are incompetent I suppose). By the sounds of it, this is a Chelsea issue. Poor old Chelsea? However, if he really was biased against Chelsea I would be extremely surprised. It seems like a huge risk to a referees career for them to be intentionally biased for or against any team. So, although I cannot rule out that he has taken bribes from a Chelsea hater, or he is a secret Chelsea hater himself, I doubt that is the excuse.

As a neutral, Taylor's performance didn't stand out as being bad. The tackle on Havertz was borderline, so I was a bit surprised it wasn't given. However, we have seen a lot of those types of challenges not being penalised this season, and a lot happened between that and the goal. The hair pull was a foul, but a referee probably has about 18-20 players in and around the box when a corner comes in, all of them jostling away. So his focus may have been in a slight different direction when the hair pull happened.
Yes I think he probably didn’t see it as most people are watching where the ball is going.
No excuse for VAR though.
Did Dean ask him to look at it? If not why as it would have been red and a foul.
I thought that was what VAR was for.

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes I think he probably didn’t see it as most people are watching where the ball is going.
No excuse for VAR though.
Did Dean ask him to look at it? If not why as it would have been red and a foul.
I thought that was what VAR was for.
That is exactly what I mentioned earlier though. Is hair pulling an automatic red card? If not, it is entirely subjective and I can see why a ref would not be convinced it is a red card. Not like the player was seriously injured. However, if it SHOULD be an automatic red card, like spitting would be, then the VAR referee would definitely have to take the blame for making a blunder.

D

Deleted member 15344

lol, wtf is he arguing about, get off the pitch you idiot. enjoy your break, be lucky if its not extended from 3 games
Was a stupid reaction deserved the card - i do hope Anderson is ok though