The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Woken up to see the Everton result.... Fantastic news. League wouldn't have been the same without you. (Plus easy 6 points next season's obviously).

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Frank spent 212 million at Chelsea on transfers , mostly a waste

He does better when he is working on a tight budget it seems (derby)
Kai Havertz €80m, Timo Werner €53m, Ben Chilwell€50.2m, Hakim Ziyech €40m, Edouard Mendy €24m, Thiago Silva Free, Malang Sarr Free

All of the above, Sarr excluded, are still first teamers are they not? So not a waste. Werner is probably the least successful but he came with glowing CV in Germany and was chased after by a number of clubs. Worth going for, he just hasn't worked.

You have got to let that dislike go, it's better for you ?

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sad and worrying to see the idiots seem to be taking over football again. At least 3 stories this week of 'altercations' between players and fans during pitch invasions at the end of matches. This, coupled with all the flares that are being taken to matches could start a worrying spiral to the dark days of the 70s and 80s. Hopefully courts will be swift to punish 'fans' like the Forest bloke who went down for 24 weeks after assaulting Billy Sharp

Yorkhacker

Visit site
Hopefully courts will be swift to punish 'fans' like the Forest bloke who went down for 24 weeks after assaulting Billy Sharp

He should have got at least 12 months. Apparently “His sole intention was to get to the tunnel. He remembers running towards the players but to the left of Billy Sharp, looking at the crowd... and then running straight into somebody.
He accepts that he has collided with the right side of the player's cheek. It's not targeted on the player."

It's quite clear from the video what his intention was.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Sad and worrying to see the idiots seem to be taking over football again. At least 3 stories this week of 'altercations' between players and fans during pitch invasions at the end of matches. This, coupled with all the flares that are being taken to matches could start a worrying spiral to the dark days of the 70s and 80s. Hopefully courts will be swift to punish 'fans' like the Forest bloke who went down for 24 weeks after assaulting Billy Sharp
This is my concern. It's the herd effect. Supporters are seeing people invade pitches at other clubs and think it's ok to do the same. The more people who invade the pitch, the more chance of incidents like we've seen. They need to clamp down on this before it escalates.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
He should have got at least 12 months. Apparently “His sole intention was to get to the tunnel. He remembers running towards the players but to the left of Billy Sharp, looking at the crowd... and then running straight into somebody.
He accepts that he has collided with the right side of the player's cheek. It's not targeted on the player."

It's quite clear from the video what his intention was.
When someone runs towards another person, and their head goes forward in a butting motion, it's hard to argue it was unintentional.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So it has got to the squeaky bum part of the season. Some clubs are staying put ( inc Everton and am chuffed to bits). Some have already gone down, others gone up. Some are still to find out there fate re relegation and promotion. The appropriate emotions will go hand in hand with the outcome of this weekends game and the play off games.
Still got Europe positions to play for in the Prem especially 4th spot and north London bragging rights.
Me I have an eye on the mighty Stags, And Forest. But most importantly the City Liverpool title race. Hope the neutrals have enjoyed it. Personally I am gobsmacked City are still at the top. They have stuttered since After Xmas there flowing mojo is now in spits and spats. KDB has dragged City along putting them in the position they now are. I hope he can do it one more time. If it were not for him Liverpool would now be one game from an unprecedented Quad. Which Could still happen. The discussions can then start on whether they are the best ever team that’s played. Oh the joys of discussing that ?
Come what may, who ever wins the Prem Title on Sunday its Been a stonking race.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
So it has got to the squeaky bum part of the season. Some clubs are staying put ( inc Everton and am chuffed to bits). Some have already gone down, others gone up. Some are still to find out there fate re relegation and promotion. The appropriate emotions will go hand in hand with the outcome of this weekends game and the play off games.
Still got Europe positions to play for in the Prem especially 4th spot and north London bragging rights.
Me I have an eye on the mighty Stags, And Forest. But most importantly the City Liverpool title race. Hope the neutrals have enjoyed it. Personally I am gobsmacked City are still at the top. They have stuttered since After Xmas there flowing mojo is now in spits and spats. KDB has dragged City along putting them in the position they now are. I hope he can do it one more time. If it were not for him Liverpool would now be one game from an unprecedented Quad. Which Could still happen. The discussions can then start on whether they are the best ever team that’s played. Oh the joys of discussing that ?
Come what may, who ever wins the Prem Title on Sunday its Been a stonking race.
Nice recap, but you missed the most important one. Rooney or Vardy?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Nice recap, but you missed the most important one. Rooney or Vardy?
Just had a quick peruse on BBC re “ 10 things we may have missed” dear god no I haven’t missed it. i Find it all quite pathetic And they both come across as thick. Apparently Vardys agent dropped her phone ( with evidence on it) into the sea. Rooneys barrister sarcastically said “ it’s a shame it’s in Davy Jones locker” Vardy said “ Who is Davy Jones” ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had a quick peruse on BBC re “ 10 things we may have missed” dear god no I haven’t missed it. i Find it all quite pathetic And they both come across as thick. Apparently Vardys agent dropped her phone ( with evidence on it) into the sea. Rooneys barrister sarcastically said “ it’s a shame it’s in Davy Jones locker” Vardy said “ Who is Davy Jones” ?
Yes waste of the court and judges time.
Could have settled it in the pub over a glass of wine.
Solicitors had a nice pay day though.

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
All these pitch invasions are getting ridiculous. Forget fines, unless the FA steps in and forfeits the game for the team's fans doing it, nothing will ever change and the assaults we have seen this week will continue until someone gets seriously hurt.
Draconian move - yes. But perhaps necessary.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He is not close to world class. He is a good keeper but he is getting old and mistakes getting into his game

This is just like a few seasons ago when you said you didn't need to spend money lol u need to invest and improve constantly to stay still or you move backwards

It's time to replace Hugo, have him as competition/ back up

We did it this season we fabianski and he played so well we couldn't drop him in the league.

Pope would push Hugo all the way and you would benefit no end from signing him

But Hugo is not world class. He's good but not the level of world class.
I popped onto Squawka and they have an article ranking the best keepers of the season. https://www.squawka.com/en/best-premier-league-goalkeepers-ranked/ 4th best in the league this season. The two you'd expect are above him, plus the Wolves keeper who I've not really watched. Pope is not in the top ten.

I know he's not getting any younger, and I rate Pope highly, but if we signed Pope now he wouldn't be first choice next season. No chance he's better than Lloris yet. I think Hugo suffered through being more exposed when we lost Vertonghen and were playing clowns like Sanchez in front of him - same thing that happened to De Gea. Since Romero's come in and Dier has stepped up a bit, he's back to being solid again.

I actually saw rumours last week that we'd be signing Sam Johnstone from WBA as our new back-up/cup goalie. Not as good as Pope but still wouldn't mind it. Either way I think it's worth having an English second goalie because of the homegrown nonsense.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Swango1980

Visit site
Not much chance of this I expect, but I really hope there is no charge for Vieira. This bloke absolutely deserved a kicking. Putting two middle fingers up in someone's face because you think you're untouchable? Scum of the earth.

Seen this one doing the rounds again, I love it. :LOL:

Haha, I love the way that, after he punches them or grabs them, not one acts with any retaliation. They look like they have suddenly been shamed and walk off in shock and disgrace.