The "definitive" Old Farts v Whippersnappers thread.......

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

Again, don't worry if you think we are going to be "over subscribed".....
If I get more deposits than the 24 booked places, I will look at increasing numbers, but will only do this if I can get multiples of 8 (so that we keep the numbers in the teams even).
Therefore, 32 is the next "magic" number.....
;)

Once we get confirmed numbers we can work out the "average" age of all players to determine who are the old farts and who are the whippersnappers.
Idea is to play 4bb matchplay on the Sunday afternoon, with singles matchplay on the Monday morning.

With the travelling distance involved, (it's a long way for me to go for just one night away), I am looking at the possibility of staying the Monday night too and maybe getting another game on the Monday afternoon/evening and the Tuesday morning before driving home. Jury is out on that one at the moment, a lot depends on the costs involved.

ibsmith04

Club Champion
Visit site

Again, don't worry if you think we are going to be "over subscribed".....
If I get more deposits than the 24 booked places, I will look at increasing numbers, but will only do this if I can get multiples of 8 (so that we keep the numbers in the teams even).
Therefore, 32 is the next "magic" number.....
;)

Once we get confirmed numbers we can work out the "average" age of all players to determine who are the old farts and who are the whippersnappers.
Idea is to play 4bb matchplay on the Sunday afternoon, with singles matchplay on the Monday morning.

With the travelling distance involved, (it's a long way for me to go for just one night away), I am looking at the possibility of staying the Monday night too and maybe getting another game on the Monday afternoon/evening and the Tuesday morning before driving home. Jury is out on that one at the moment, a lot depends on the costs involved.

I would definitely be interested in staying another night, especially if we could play the "other" course available. Assuming cost is ok.

cheers
Ian

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I would definitely be interested in staying another night, especially if we could play the "other" course available. Assuming cost is ok.
cheers
Ian

We will be playing all three 9's during our visit Ian.
On Sunday we are down to play Forest & Pines at 2.00pm and on Monday we are due to play Pines & Beeches at 9.32.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1. Smiffy
2. Leftie (Single Room)
3. Fish (Single Room)
4. Virtuocity
5. Williamalex1
6. Rosecott
7. Fullthrottle
8. Chrisd * (Single Room)
9. Justone *
10. ibsmith04 (Single Room)
11. Region3 (Single Room)
12. Moogie (Single Room)
13. 2Blue
14. Whereditgo
15. LIG (Single Room)
16. Ruff-Driver
17. Khamelion (Single Room)
18. Kraxx68
19. Crow* (Single Room)
20. JohnnyDee (Single Room)

I think I have got the single room requirements correct (have checked previous posts and pm's) but if anybody spots a mistake, please let me know as singles are "limited".
Thanks
Rob

Reserves.

1. Sainthacker
2. Richart

Single for me please Rob... no.. I'm not fussy, just considerate for those who may have had to share with me :smirk:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
How much is this without the room? I would prefer to stay local as all my family is in the area.

If I can do this I will put my deposit down now.

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

+1 please :thup: on the same criteria.

ibsmith04

Club Champion
Visit site
We will be playing all three 9's during our visit Ian.
On Sunday we are down to play Forest & Pines at 2.00pm and on Monday we are due to play Pines & Beeches at 9.32.

Sorry, by other course I meant Forest & Beeches. so that we end up playing each 9 twice over the 3 days :)

cheers
Ian

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Deposit paid. Potential clash with next year's invitation day but hopefully it's moving. If there's a single left Smiffy I'll take it, avoid inflicting the snoring on anybody else. Thanks for organising. :thup:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
1. Smiffy
2. Leftie (Single Room)
3. Fish (Single Room)
4. Virtuocity
5. Williamalex1
6. Rosecott
7. Fullthrottle
9. Justone
12. Moogie (Single Room)
13. 2Blue (Single Room)
14. Whereditgo
15. LIG (Single Room)
16. Ruff-Driver
18. Kraxx68
19. Crow* (Single Room)
21. GrumpyJock
22. Paperboy
23. BlueinMunich

I think I have got the single room requirements correct (have checked previous posts and pm's) but if anybody spots a mistake, please let me know as singles are "limited".
Thanks
Rob

Reserves.

1. Sainthacker
2. Richart

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
How much is this without the room? I would prefer to stay local as all my family is in the area.

If I can do this I will put my deposit down now.

Sorry.
At the moment the team places will go to people who are staying at the hotel mate.
If we get any that can't make it at the last minute I can draft you in on that basis.
Just all gets a bit confusing when you have some not staying.
Rob

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Sorry, by other course I meant Forest & Beeches. so that we end up playing each 9 twice over the 3 days :)

cheers
Ian

Ah! Understood Ian.
I will leave it a while (don't want to confuse things) but will find out the additional cost of a further nights stay.
I don't think it's going to be as cheap though as we are on a special deal they call the "Sunday Driver".
Will keep you posted.
Rob

PuttPuttSteve

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Rob, Sounds like a cracking trip. I'd love to come, so if you can pm me bank details I'll pay a deposit just in case you get the extra 8. Not fussed about a single room provided I can share with a fellow non-snorer!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
1. Smiffy
2. Leftie (Single Room)
3. Fish (Single Room)
4. Virtuocity
5. Williamalex1
6. Rosecott
7. Fullthrottle
9. Justone
12. Moogie (Single Room)
13. 2Blue (Single Room)
14. Whereditgo
15. LIG (Single Room)
16. Ruff-Driver
18. Kraxx68
19. Crow (Single Room)
21. GrumpyJock
22. Paperboy
23. BlueinMunich
24. Jimbop90

Thanks
Rob

Reserves.

1. Sainthacker
2. Richart