The death of the snooker room

Bermuda

Visit site
My old clubs, Sundridge Park and Knole Park have long ditched the snooker room, has your club retained one by any chance??

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One previous club had one. I think I only saw it used twice in 2 years. Largely a waste of space in a club.

For those that have them are they actually well used or do people just like the idea of them being there?

D

Deleted member 16999

One previous club had one. I think I only saw it used twice in 2 years. Largely a waste of space in a club.

For those that have them are they actually well used or do people just like the idea of them being there?
Bit of furniture at our place, used by about 5-6 Seniors, waste of space and over the moon it’s gone.

Visit site
I've seen a few snooker tables at clubs in my area of Yorkshire, over the years, but I DO believe they're all gone. I think Royal Lytham still have theirs.
Interestingly, I have a full size table upstairs, and guess what, I never use it!! The grandchildren love it, but just roll balls up and down the table.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
ours went about 10 years ago, club said it was a waste of space and the area could be better used.... FYI the club use it to store tables and chairs now:LOL:

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We've still got two in the members bar and they seem well used. Believe my old club still has their one as well although that fitted into a very neat space in the bar so can't see that changing as the space wouldn't really be used for much else.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I genuinely believe clubhouses could be next....

I much prefer this change my shoes and go attitude at present. The linger C19 hangs around and causes restrictions and further distancing regulations the more people will just fall out of the habit of going into the clubhouse.

Just my thoughts.

Diamond

Visit site

I much prefer this change my shoes and go attitude at present. The linger C19 hangs around and causes restrictions and further distancing regulations the more people will just fall out of the habit of going into the clubhouse.

Just my thoughts.

Possibly but there is an opportunity for members only social clubs to offer a safer environment due to the restricted nature. Apply for membership, agree to follow rules, agree to download NHS app, no cash payment and same people in the bar every week.

D

Deleted member 1147

We still have a table, it just can’t be used due to Covid.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site

Just my thoughts.

Ha ha you'll have some spitting feathers! All those grand clubhouses with the arcane rules on who, what and where you can all go.
I'm going to park in the members car park and change my shoes there!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ours went a few years back along with the committee room next to it.

Mind you having played a lot of league and club snooker for years it was one of the worst tables I have ever played on.

They agreed to replace it with a pool table in one of the bars and that went after about 18 months and along with that the dart board also went.

It was changed to a function room for letting out and that did produce a reasonable amount of income for the club.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Ours went a few years back along with the committee room next to it.

Mind you having played a lot of league and club snooker for years it was one of the worst tables I have ever played on.

They agreed to replace it with a pool table in one of the bars and that went after about 18 months and along with that the dart board also went.

It was changed to a function room for letting out and that did produce a reasonable amount of income for the club.

Again function rooms are defunct for the time being.

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
I believe we still have one, although I haven't been in (and actuall don't know where it is in the clubhouse, as I joined after lockdown eased so so have only been into the bar so far)