The De Vere Golf Club, join or not! you decide!!

Which do you have most problems

• Where you hit it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

steverichy

Visit site
So you fancy joining a golf club, you flick through your monthly magazine and you see an advertisement for The De Vere Golf Club that offers you the complete package that seems too good to be true.

As the blurb says: Full member benefits, play in any club competitions, a flexible modern membership, all of this for £295.

I pay my money and away I go, I play a few competitions and soon it is the club championship, I dream every golfers dream of lifting the trophy like the greats I've watched through the years.

I play in the club championship, a 36 hole scratch competition and wow! 2 great rounds, I am a winner! I've only gone and won the club championship, happy days, the cup is presented to me and my dream is reality, it doesn't get much better than this.

A few days later, I start to hear whispers, then I receive vague e-mails from the club, then more e-mails still unclear but hinting at my eligibility to enter the club championship. Eventually I receive a letter informing me that because my handicap was classed as an away player I could not play in the club championship or enter board competitions. Someone (with a wonderful imagination) at the club thought what if..... a member who joined casually who was an active member of another club, played the specific number of events to qualify for a board competition, swept up the prizes (as if it was that simple) and is never seen again,

I am told that this rule that was introduced for the greater good of the entire membership and to protect the integrity of the membership and competition entry, Obviously not the entire membership, as I am a member but I am definitely not receiving full member benefits nor am I able to play in any club competitions, It is apparent that because I am an "away" member I am treated differently, maybe it is because I am a DVC member and not a platinum member (which is no longer available even if you wanted one).

I have contacted De Vere customer services on numerous occasions and still had no response, they have had my money, promised me competitive golf but I cant enter the competitions that matter. I suggest De Vere marketing and Herons Reach start singing from the same hymn sheet.