The day Mr Rammel stayed at home

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Played today in our 18 hole stapleford comp. Me and Baghead. The weather although overcast was 14 degrees and warm. Not a jot of wing and no wet stuff. Perfect winters golf weather. After nine holes Baghead had smashed it for 19 points. Tashyboy 23 and it could of been more I went round in 41 shots beating my previous best front nine by 3 shots.
Back nine Baghead shot 22 points and me 19. And it could of been more. Don't get me wrong there were some good putts sunk. But my last wo holes putting was poor. Between us we managed 1 double bogey ( me on the 17th) why does the game seem easy when you score well. Today was the day when me and Baghead both smashed it me six under him five under.

Today was the day that Mr Rammel stayed at home.

oh ah, highlight of the day, a couple of Dereck Randall's books signed by the man himself. He is a true cricket/golfing gent.

D

Deleted member 15344

I really don't have a clue what all that says ?

I'm guessing you played a game today ?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It means he had a near Carling day. Only could have been better if Jennifer Anniston had been caddying in her Victoria Secrets finest.

Does Derek Randall fidget in real life or was that just when he was batting?

Cracking day, well done.

Tashyboy

Visit site
It means he had a near Carling day. Only could have been better if Jennifer Anniston had been caddying in her Victoria Secrets finest.

Cracking day, well done.

He does, he is a bundle of energy although he said he struggled getting around for 18 today. I asked him about a photo in one of the two books he signed. He is with Nick Faldo in Australia, I asked if he was playing golf then. He said " no, I only started playing when I retired just for summat to do". He said when he was asked to pose with Nick Faldo he said he had never even heard of him, he said he was a young kid then. I did not know he used to play with Sir Garfield Sobers who plays occasionally just round down the road at Oakmere.

Just trying to to hold onto that thought of Jennifer Anniston caddying in her Victoria secrets finest. One things for sure, if she had I wouldn't of shot 42 points.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I really don't have a clue what all that says ?

I'm guessing you played a game today ?

"Rammel" is Nottinghamshire for Rubbish. Usually it appears anywhere from twice to half a dozen times a round. It usually screws up your round and causes much anguish.

Today "Mr Rammel stayed at home". Me and "Baghead" who is a fellow forum member knocked it's back doors in.

Glad to help Phil 👍😁

D

Deleted member 16999

Well played Tashyboy, need to keep Mr Rammel chained up for the winter😃

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Oh and for future reference the Comp you were playing in was a Stableford not a stapleford.

Glad to help.:thup:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
oh ah, highlight of the day, a couple of Dereck Randall's books signed by the man himself. He is a true cricket/golfing gent.

That brought a smile to my face. When I was much, much younger I was a member of Trent Bridge Squash Club. I played Derek a few times in the club leagues. He played squash in the same way as he fielded - everything at breakneck speed, he would be bouncing off the walls in his determination to reach my exquisite drop shots.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh and for future reference the Comp you were playing in was a Stableford not a stapleford.

Glad to help.:thup:

Golfers in Nottinghamshire have a special dispensation from England Golf to call it Stapleford if they choose as there is, in Nottinghamshire, a town called Stapleford (and a village of the same name just over the border into Lincolnshire).

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Golfers in Nottinghamshire have a special dispensation from England Golf to call it Stapleford if they choose as there is, in Nottinghamshire, a town called Stapleford (and a village of the same name just over the border into Lincolnshire).

No excuse!

Tashyboy

Visit site
No excuse!

Scrotie you are correct. Very slack of me. When I wrote the first post I was sat semi naked on the bed waiting for t bath to fill. The flippin spell check on me iPad is Rammel. Wing is wind not wing. And wo is two.

Sorted, there's flippin tippex all over me screen.

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Scrotie you are correct. Very slack of me. When I wrote the first post I was sat semi naked on the bed waiting for t bath to fill. The flippin spell check on me iPad is Rammel. Wing is wind not wing. And wo is two.

Sorted, there's flippin tippex all over me screen.

Or, just take a moment to proof-read what you`ve typed before hitting "Reply"

user2010

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Was it spelt incorrectly? I`m not arsed about Grammar, just spelling, after all spelling is taught at a very early age, Grammar not so early and is more confusing than spelling.
Spell checkers are prolific, when was the last time you saw a Grammar checker?