The day Mr Rammel stayed at home

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Was it spelt incorrectly? I`m not arsed about Grammar, just spelling, after all spelling is taught at a very early age, Grammar not so early and is more confusing than spelling.
Spell checkers are prolific, when was the last time you saw a Grammar checker?

Miicrosoft Word has a spelling and grammar checker.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Try Google translate...they've just released a Tashy update :lol:

Could one please provide a link to said update Lord Snell. 😁👍

oh ballax to talking posh. It's just not me.

Baghead has just sent a photo of me looking slim on the course. With the autumnal backdrop re differant colours, the course and me looked gorgeous.

PS, no letters or words were harmed intentionally or unintentionally in the above sentences. 👍

Bigfoot

Tour Rookie
Visit site
With regard to Derek Randall - My first test match was the first day of England v Australia at Trent Bridge in 1977 I think. Australia to bat. The England players take the field and I wonder why we have a player on the boundary in front of square. It was Derek Randall and instead of walking in as the bowler ran up, he ran in and was on the square by the time the bowler bowled. He kept on doing it through the day until we bowled them out with 20 mins to go. I think it was Bothams first test match too and he took 5 wickets in the first innings.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think he was more 3-4 but someone a bit older than me that remembers his peak years better may confirm.

I have a vague memory of a school trip to watch a one day game between england and sri Lanka at Headingley in the 80s. The Texaco trophy rings a bell and it's when Sri Lanka were proper rammel.
Anyway the england openers knocked off the score in no time and I'm sure Randall was one of them.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Think he was more 3-4 but someone a bit older than me that remembers his peak years better may confirm.

I had a quick look on Wikipedia when he had signed the books. He was played anywhere from opener to no 8. On his debut he top scored with 80 odd runs. The next highest score was 30 odd from Gary Sobers.
There is a story he tells about when Dennis Lilley sent a bouncer down past his head. Mr Randall doffs his cap and says " don't bother hitting this, there's nowt in it" and points to his head.

D

Deleted member 21258

Tashyboy you are funny, your threads always bring a smile to my face.

Derek randall I remember watching him as a nipper, probably early 80s time at a guess, wouldn't have even remembered his name without you saying it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I read a little more about him after last nights chat. Boycott speaks very highly of him and thinks he was hard done to. Moved around the batting order to suit other players, not given the support he should have got. If Sir Geoffrey is backing a batsman and saying he was hard done to then I tend to believe it. Not known to hand out praise lightly our Geoffrey.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I read a little more about him after last nights chat. Boycott speaks very highly of him and thinks he was hard done to. Moved around the batting order to suit other players, not given the support he should have got. If Sir Geoffrey is backing a batsman and saying he was hard done to then I tend to believe it. Not known to hand out praise lightly our Geoffrey.

Had a good chuckle last night, had a look on YouTube for the Lilley and Randall incident. I could not find it but did find the clip of Boycott running out Randall. It was horrendous.

on a positive, my 42 points won me the comp overall. Boyakasha.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Probably the most famous run out in English cricket history. If memory serves me right boycott went on to get a 100 and it might even have been his 100th 100 in 1st class cricket. He was genuinely embarrassed by it, I remember his reaction.

Cracking news on the comp front. Icing on the cake.

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably the most famous run out in English cricket history. If memory serves me right boycott went on to get a 100 and it might even have been his 100th 100 in 1st class cricket. He was genuinely embarrassed by it, I remember his reaction.

Cracking news on the comp front. Icing on the cake.

Can't be more famous than Gary Pratt running out Ponting....priceless

Get up Tashy lad congrats!!