The all things EV chat thread

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I dont think anythin particularly close to there. Royal Winchester or Hockley probably the closest, or could head down to Poole area and you have Broadstone/Parkstone/Ferndown, but then the green fees will be substantially higher.

Yeah might be out of my mates price range

I did get tempted with driving down to isle of Purbeck as that course is beautiful 🤩

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is the single car charging point at the Holiday Inn Express in Crewe. What this photo doesn't show you is that there is a foot square concrete post for the building support on one side, the fence on the other, and the parking road behind it is only just wide enough for one car with a wooden fence behind so it's almost impossible to manoeuvre any vehicle into it. For my Skoda Superb it is impossible. If free, I park in the space where the white car is and pull the wire to it.
But I have rarely seen it used because of the access issues. I wouldn't mind if there wasn't plenty of better places all around the hotel. But there are. This is probably the worst place they could have put it. It's a pretty pointless installation.
View attachment 52356

Yesterday we went to a party for the twins friend. On way home we stopped at costa for the Mrs to get a coffee.

It's opposite a travel lodge

5 podpoint machines (each with 2 chargers) so the ability to charge 10 cars

Dedicated bays with clearly marked EV charging only

That's more like it.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yesterday we went to a party for the twins friend. On way home we stopped at costa for the Mrs to get a coffee.

That's more like it.

Somewhere for the ambulances to re-charge every 70 odd miles. :whistle:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes that seems a strange decision electric ambulances.

The drivers have enough to think about without range anxiety.

Mind you they spend that much time parked at A&E just put the chargers there.!

Been around for a while, NHS first responder vehicles in London have been nissan leafs for some.

Nobody has died..I'm sure the mail would have jumped on it by now

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been around for a while, NHS first responder vehicles in London have been nissan leafs for some.

Nobody has died..I'm sure the mail would have jumped on it by now
They are cars though a fully laden emergency ambulance 🚑 is another thing.

Maybe they have factored in the amount of time they are idle at A&E.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
They are cars though a fully laden emergency ambulance 🚑 is another thing.

Maybe they have factored in the amount of time they are idle at A&E.

It's reported that they'll have a usable range of up to 75 miles before needing a 4 hour charge.
The poor range is largely due to their weight.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's reported that they'll have a usable range of up to 75 miles before needing a 4 hour charge.
The poor range is largely due to their weight.
Thats about normal for a lot of EV vans that have the capcity for taking weight. It's still not enough to warrant the change though.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Thats about normal for a lot of EV vans that have the capcity for taking weight. It's still not enough to warrant the change though.
I think electric vans might be great when having a local 60 mile route delivering linen or baked goods, but traders that might have to carry tools 80 miles away and doing runs for materials are not leave the diesels behind any time soon.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Or to give the writer his full title.....

William Ronald Sacheverell Sitwell​

who comes from a writing family who originally found wealth from amongst other things...owning coal mines.
William at his family home Weston Hall...
hh.jpg

And if that proves too small, he can always find a room at his ancestral home...Renishaw Hall

ww.jpg

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be fair @bobmac he probably has a heck of a drive to go down before he leaves his estate. Maybe he needs the range of cars extending before he feels comfortable :LOL: .

I don't want to be the one that says 'typical Telegraph scare story' but it reads like a typical...................

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Or to give the writer his full title.....

William Ronald Sacheverell Sitwell​

who comes from a writing family who originally found wealth from amongst other things...owning coal mines.
William at his family home Weston Hall...
View attachment 52441

And if that proves too small, he can always find a room at his ancestral home...Renishaw Hall

View attachment 52442
plenty of drive way to put EV charger..

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair @bobmac he probably has a heck of a drive to go down before he leaves his estate. Maybe he needs the range of cars extending before he feels comfortable :LOL: .

I don't want to be the one that says 'typical Telegraph scare story' but it reads like a typical...................

This is why I discredit most of the rubbish pedaled by the media that's anti EV

It's almost as if those writing it have something to lose by EV taking off

Just sums up the world money is more important than the environment

Happened years ago with that pr guy in America buried climate change stories and discredited them so everyone could make money.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

That's more like it.
Good to hear. Sadly I've not found many hotels like that.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good to hear. Sadly I've not found many hotels like that.

Like with most things it's prob a London thing, we get ridiculous amounts of investment in things above others be in public sector or private investment

As my mate always says "money goes to money"