The Actual Golf On Liv Golf Thread

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
@Dando

The liv thread has spent a long time being a no show for many people. It was ruined by repetitive snipers, the same negative comments over and over. The actual golf aspect of liv was lost for those who are actually interested in the golf itself.

This thread was set up separately by a poster with the aim of separating the actual golf from the 'noise' that goes with LIV. If people want to moan about liv, go there, leave this thread to the golf being played. It's not a tricky request. If people want to snipe continuously on here about liv (no, I'm not categorising the original post I quoted as continuous) then that would be trolling and that brings points. Up to posters how they want to play it 🤷‍♂️

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Rahm and Hatton both having to use stand in caddies.. Thankfully nothing broken for Tyrell's caddie - not sure we can say the same for his driver which he looked like he was trying to snap after one of his later tee shots...

The reaction from Rahm and Surrat here when Tyrell is explaining what happened to the caddie is pretty funny.. 😂

MACM85

Visit site
I see Kim came last again. When does it become awkward that he's still there?

Difficult one isn't it for the player. Knows that the game isn't what it used to be however taken the pay cheque to go to LIV. When does he realise that the ship might have sailed and he would be better off just going about family life with the money he has now got in the bank.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Difficult one isn't it for the player. Knows that the game isn't what it used to be however taken the pay cheque to go to LIV. When does he realise that the ship might have sailed and he would be better off just going about family life with the money he has now got in the bank.
Yeah, agreed. Surely he'd start to become a bit embarrassed if he keeps turning in last place finishes for the rest of the year. Easy money though. 😒

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Yeah, agreed. Surely he'd start to become a bit embarrassed if he keeps turning in last place finishes for the rest of the year. Easy money though. 😒

Just put if curiosity, have you watched many of his interviews.

The fact that he can post some good scores (amongst some bad ones obviously) despite where he has been for the last 12 years demonstrates he still has a huge amount of ability.He is not a bad golfer, he is coming back from a seriously long lay off, and a recent broken ankle. I suspect the latter in particular didn’t help his cause around what is a literal beast of a course.

He’s there for the remainder of the season anyway, so it’s a moot point as to how long he continues for.
I’d imagine he has enough self awareness to know within himself if he can’t be competitive - and at that point, he’d step back away anyway. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just put if curiosity, have you watched many of his interviews.

The fact that he can post some good scores (amongst some bad ones obviously) despite where he has been for the last 12 years demonstrates he still has a huge amount of ability.He is not a bad golfer, he is coming back from a seriously long lay off, and a recent broken ankle. I suspect the latter in particular didn’t help his cause around what is a literal beast of a course.

He’s there for the remainder of the season anyway, so it’s a moot point as to how long he continues for.
I’d imagine he has enough self awareness to know within himself if he can’t be competitive - and at that point, he’d step back away anyway. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that.
Not watched but read on here and other golf media the gist of them. Sure he's had some struggles in the last decade, but why does that earn him the right to turn up and shoot +21 for millions of dollars? We'd all love a slice of that kind of charity.

Personally I don't think it's possible for him to get anywhere near the levels he was after over a decade out - not just from pro golf but from golf altogether judging by what he said. I can only see a world where he continues to finish last or thereabouts every week and it just becomes an awkward footnote that he's still turning up.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Not watched but read on here and other golf media the gist of them. Sure he's had some struggles in the last decade, but why does that earn him the right to turn up and shoot +21 for millions of dollars? We'd all love a slice of that kind of charity.

Personally I don't think it's possible for him to get anywhere near the levels he was after over a decade out - not just from pro golf but from golf altogether judging by what he said. I can only see a world where he continues to finish last or thereabouts every week and it just becomes an awkward footnote that he's still turning up.

He was going to either the PGAT or LIV - he had offers from both - so one way or another he was going to be competing.

Is he any less competitive than Tiger? Based on what we’ve seen so far, no he isn’t, but not many people are claiming Tiger’s returns to golf are becoming awkward.

Kim shot a 65 on the final day in Hong Kong - you don’t fluke those scores.

If you’re going to judge him, at least take the time to watch his interviews - because they really do reveal an awful lot more about him than you will glean from a few comments on here, or a few media articles.

MACM85

Visit site
He was going to either the PGAT or LIV - he had offers from both - so one way or another he was going to be competing.

Is he any less competitive than Tiger? Based on what we’ve seen so far, no he isn’t, but not many people are claiming Tiger’s returns to golf are becoming awkward.

Kim shot a 65 on the final day in Hong Kong - you don’t fluke those scores.

If you’re going to judge him, at least take the time to watch his interviews - because they really do reveal an awful lot more about him than you will glean from a few comments on here, or a few media articles.

In fairness an interview means very little when it comes to golfing ability and competing. You could talk a very good game in a job interview. Means nothing if you can't back it up. He has had a serious drug problem and injuries by the look of things. However he must know at some point that he won't be able to reach the high levels needed to win/compete on a pro tour

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He was going to either the PGAT or LIV - he had offers from both
Really?? How would that work? Don't you have to qualify to play on the PGA?

Is he any less competitive than Tiger?
Let's not start comparing Anthony Kim to Tiger. :LOL: I think Tiger deserves some dispensation for being the greatest ever to play the game. (Or second greatest - don't @ me)

Kim shot a 65 on the final day in Hong Kong - you don’t fluke those scores
*that score. :LOL:

As I said, however hard he's had it, I don't think that gives him the right to be paid a ridiculous amount to turn up and be way off the standard. I've nothing against the LIV product but I think his continued presence is cheapening and devaluing it somewhat, rather than adding value. They signed him for an initial buzz of interest, but that's already passed now that we can see he's nowhere near the required level.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Really?? How would that work? Don't you have to qualify to play on the PGA?

Let's not start comparing Anthony Kim to Tiger. :LOL: I think Tiger deserves some dispensation for being the greatest ever to play the game. (Or second greatest - don't @ me)

*that score. :LOL:

As I said, however hard he's had it, I don't think that gives him the right to be paid a ridiculous amount to turn up and be way off the standard. I've nothing against the LIV product but I think his continued presence is cheapening and devaluing it somewhat, rather than adding value. They signed him for an initial buzz of interest, but that's already passed now that we can see he's nowhere near the required level.

He would have had sponsors invites coming out of his ears to play the PGAT.

He was going to cash in either on LIV, or on the PGAT - if he’d gone to the PGAT would there have been the same response - who knows?

Go and watch his interview buddy, it’s 20 minutes or so - then if you haven’t changed your stance. Fair enough.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He would have had sponsors invites coming out of his ears to play the PGAT.

He was going to cash in either on LIV, or on the PGAT - if he’d gone to the PGAT would there have been the same response - who knows?

Go and watch his interview buddy, it’s 20 minutes or so - then if you haven’t changed your stance. Fair enough.
I don't care enough to watch a 20 minute interview I'm afraid. From what I read he didn't go into detail anyway as he's saving it all for a tell-all documentary. Which I also won't watch. 😄 There's nothing he can say that'll convince me he deserved a multi-million pound hand-out to play mediocre golf after 12 years out anyway. They literally only did it for PR and the initial buzz of interest they got.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I don't care enough to watch a 20 minute interview I'm afraid. From what I read he didn't go into detail anyway as he's saving it all for a tell-all documentary. Which I also won't watch. 😄 There's nothing he can say that'll convince me he deserved a multi-million pound hand-out to play mediocre golf after 12 years out anyway. They literally only did it for PR and the initial buzz of interest they got.

Tiger - a non competitive golfer, won the PIP last year - 15 million dollars.

You ok with that?

He got that money for the PR and media interest he generated for the PGAT..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I actually won a week. 😲
My Team was Rahm, Hatton, Casey, Burmister and Legion 13 as my team.
Had Thomas Pieters as an unused substitute.
I'm going to give up on the bloody substitutes. Every single time I've remembered to use it, the guy I take out has a better round. I'm just going to put Kim as my sub permanently so I'm not even tempted to change it. 😂

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Away from the 'silly thread', was interesting reading the interview with Rahm about Puig really wanting to go to the Olympics with him.
I hadn't spotted that currently Puig is currently the 2nd ranked Spaniard, which is pretty impressive as has been done predominantly via the Asian tour.
Might be tricky to hang onto once the DPWT schedule ramps up, but this week he has a chance to build a bit more.

Fore Right

Visit site
Adelaide next week is Liv's jewel in its crown.

The Aussie golf fan loves Liv for taking high level golf and some of the worlds best golfers back to their country and they have embraced it.
Going to be a great event.