Texas Scramble , designated drives ...Last hole ????

nyckuk

Visit site
Most of our 4 man scrabbles you're are required to have 4 drives each.
Say my 4th drive is the last hole and i hit it out of bounds , So its 3 off the Tee . Do we all hit the 3rd off the tee or just me ???
I'm thinking we all do as ive hit my 4th drive albeit OB

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Say my 4th drive is the last hole and i hit it out of bounds , So its 3 off the Tee . Do we all hit the 3rd off the tee or just me ???
But then who's ball are you playing next shot?
I've always played 3 off the tee and then everyone plays 4th shot from my 'second' drive.

salfordlad

Visit site
It will be the second talent stroke for the team, everyone plays, choose the one you want. This is the same as if all four initial drives go OOB.

nyckuk

Visit site
If it's your drive that has to count, why are the others playing from the tee at all?
If I hit the 1st shot OB (my 4th required drive) , we are now playing the 3rd shot .
If I hit it into a lake we would all hit it the 3rd shot then
This why I’m thinking we all hit ??

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It would be a club ruling…but I would say it is still only you hitting 3 off the tee.

The only strategy I have on scrambles, is that by the last tee shot, everyone has had their allocation. It may mean a small disadvantage earlier in the round, but saves any pressure on the last hole if you have a score going

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I would say it all players now take the third shot from the tee, but it as the RoG don't cover scrambles it would be down to the committee to decide. If you hit a tree with your first shot and the ball finished back in the teeing area, I think we would all agree that all are then playing the second shot from the tee.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it's your drive that has to count, why are the others playing from the tee at all?

Exactly.

We sometimes play a Las Vegas Scramble where a throw of the dice dictates which drive is used.

Players are warned that, before the dice is thrown, any player whose ball might be lost or OOB should play a provisional in case the dice dictates that his drive is the one.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In a scramble I would go with all 4 unless in your game the person who took the last shot cannot play the next* then the other 3

In a scrabble I would not know (I am a rubbish typist as well)

*That leads to the question- if the the person who played the last shot cannot play the next what will happen then for an OB ball?

Alan Clifford

Visit site
If you were playing the version where the player whose shot was taken for the first shot cannot play the second followed by where the player whose shot was taken for the second cannot play the third and so on, you could not play a third shot from the tee. So the others would have to play their third shots from the tee.

I'd apply the same logic to a texas scramble when you've gone out of bounds.

Swango1980

Visit site
If you were playing the version where the player whose shot was taken for the first shot cannot play the second followed by where the player whose shot was taken for the second cannot play the third and so on, you could not play a third shot from the tee. So the others would have to play their third shots from the tee.

I'd apply the same logic to a texas scramble when you've gone out of bounds.
Florida Scramble, or at least that is what my club calls it

Swango1980

Visit site
The answer should be clear in Texas Scramble. You all hit three off the tee, and play your 4th from the one of your choosing. The team is still using the players 4th drive on the 18th, hence why they are playing 3 off the tee and not 1 off the tee.

Same as if you find your ball in an unplayable position. The team could take a drop, and all of you play from that spot. Or you could take stroke and distance (back to the tee) and all play from there if you preferred.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Exactly.

We sometimes play a Las Vegas Scramble where a throw of the dice dictates which drive is used.

Players are warned that, before the dice is thrown, any player whose ball might be lost or OOB should play a provisional in case the dice dictates that his drive is the one.
That sounds a rubbish format!

PaulMdj

Visit site
That sounds a rubbish format!
It is great fun to be fair, we only have this format once a year, but it’s really popular.

Last year one of the guys put his tee shot in the hole on our Par 3 13th and when the dice was rolled someone else’s tee shot was chosen.😂😂