Tell the Story of Your Most Outrageously Lucky Golf Shot.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Not my shot, but playing a Wednesday chuck-in a long time ago, one of the guys pulled his shot left on a par 3, hit a tree and it bounced right and landed on the green and rolled in. He was so tight he didn't buy a round because he said it was a bad shot!

D

Deleted member 21258

Was taking part in the 14 hole adult/child comp.

Son was playing well, I was terrible all over the place apart from putting on fire.

Going up 12, son hit a great drive only had about 100/120 yards, promptly thinned the approach miles and was flying though the back towards very long rough, never to be seen again.

Somehow it caught a bit of the pine on the rightish, bounces off the tree onto the green, to about 8 foot, putt sunk for birdie. Finished with Birdie, Birdie, par to win the comp by one shot, funny old game.

That one shot always sticks in the mind as my luckiest shot ever.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I hooked a drive on the 5th at Wimbledon Common and it was going deep into gorse or worse. Lead horse of a group of pony trrekkers popped out from behind the bushes as the ball was in flight (we would have to give them right of way if they were visible). It hit the horse on the flank and the poor teenager was suddenly running in the Derby as the horse bolted. I was on the floor in tears as were my PP's but after we'd pulled ourselves together we checked on the horse and girl (both unharmed) and I played my second from semi rough, and knocked it on the green

Freewaytom

Visit site
Not mine, but my Dad. Celtic Manor, Roman Road course, the Par 3 with a chap in a buggy offering free round vouchers for £5 a go if you hit the green. I'm up first, miss long and right. Father up, shanks it into the path on the right, bounces along the path once, twice, kicks left and finishes on the green. The chap gave us 2 free vouchers for that effort :D

sunshine

Visit site
One of my mates has a track record of outrageously lucky shots. I have witnessed:

- 18th at North Berwick, sliced tee shot OOB, hit a car and bounced on to the green to set up an eagle putt.
- Thinned approach over water, heading into the lake until it hit a duck and deflected on to the fairway.
- Friend bought a couple of left-handed clubs from a charity shop so we all went down the local 9 hole course for a laugh. None of us had ever picked up a left handed club so obviously we were shocking to begin with. After a few holes the ball striking improved... to the extent my mate got a hole in one on the 8th, about 120 yards.

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
Par 5 6th, playing my third from the trees over on the right hand side after pushing the second shot. 50° Wedge was just supposed to be a little chip and run where anywhere on the green for a 2 putt par would have made me happy. Not the best of lies but not terrible but the longer grass closed the face down and it headed out left of target. Initially disappointed as it was running along towards the bunker but went up the incline and down the slope to the right hand side feeding into the green. Phew! Got away with that! Start walking over to my bag to put the club away and a playing partner shouts “it’s in!”
luckiest eagle 3 ever!
That’s golf!

Attachments

• CBAD71F1-D2E0-4050-8F39-09BD5747A041.jpeg
    CBAD71F1-D2E0-4050-8F39-09BD5747A041.jpeg
    254.2 KB · Views: 5

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Luckiest shot (not mine) that I ever saw. Opponent tee shot on short par 3. Out of Bounds running close all down RHS with large mature deciduous trees all way down just inside the boundary fence. Over the fence a public road and park.

My opponents tee shot is high, wide and right heading way OoB. But it hits trees and pings up in the air then across and down dropping towards the green - it lands short of putting surface but on greenside downslope of a greenside bunker. Ball hits slope and rockets across the green - clatters the flag and drops into the hole. I lost the hole.

I have no lucky shots. Just shots that I hadn't quite perfected, but that for which the outcome was as desired.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
One of my mates has a track record of outrageously lucky shots. I have witnessed:

- 18th at North Berwick, sliced tee shot OOB, hit a car and bounced on to the green to set up an eagle putt.
- Thinned approach over water, heading into the lake until it hit a duck and deflected on to the fairway.
- Friend bought a couple of left-handed clubs from a charity shop so we all went down the local 9 hole course for a laugh. None of us had ever picked up a left handed club so obviously we were shocking to begin with. After a few holes the ball striking improved... to the extent my mate got a hole in one on the 8th, about 120 yards.

I have done the NB18 one.
Don't think it hit a car though, It was in a 100 yard sea harr and I was a couple of shots down in a bounce game.
My opponent hit a superb drive and as we approached the green we could make out a ball on the back of it.
I was casually walking down the cars whistling an wee tune and hoping for a miracle.
Opponent went to mark his ball and I heard a few naughty words......….it was mine and his was through the green.:love:

Re left hand clubs I won a bet against an 18 handicapper when I beat him playing left handed over 9 holes.
I use only a 6, 8, wedge and putter [which I used a lot from off the green].hitting 100 yard chop shots with the 6 iron.
The guy was big and powerful and when he lost he was just about in tears.
Serves him right for boasting he was the best [and only] left hander in the society.:eek::eek:

Last edited:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
On the 14th once, a par 3, I hit a 9 iron a bit fat that went 45 yards, hit a stone and bounced 11 times before coming to rest 30 feet from the hole.
I thought to myself "how queer"
14, 3, 9, 45, 11 & 30
Put the numbers on a lottery ticket and won £5 million. (blew the lot on old clubs)

It says outrageous,... £5M is a fairly non-outrageous lottery win :cool:

Grizzly

Visit site
Gents, I believe I have this.

Last Summer, par 3. 5 iron. To all the world, it looked like a masterful fade into the green to about four feet.

Thing is, doofus here was aiming at a different green fully 100 yards away having misread the course guide, and had been looking to run one in with the "draw" (read: borderline duck hook) that he'd been playing all day to no good effect.

On the plus side, I do think a run of 9-2-9-2 should adorn all of our scorecards at least once.