Tees bashed into tee boxes.

Springveldt

Visit site
Drives me mad too. We used to have cone shaped caddies by each tee box for discarded tees. Some Clubs used boxes. Can’t remember seeing such a thing anywhere I’ve played in recent times. Did covid do for them?
Ours has recently put little boxes on the tee boxes for broken tees. Comes in really handy for par 3’s.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A few rounds ago, I had a wild drive and I was so frustrated that I slammed the sole of the driver down onto the tee and drove it straight into the ground … a far more accurate strike than the drive! Instantly felt like a vandal and dug it back out. No damage done, but I won’t do that again.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't know why someone would do that. I use plastic tees since they never break, so I'm always picking it up again. I've genuinely seen tees left upright in the ground before, not even bashed in. Why are you leaving your tee behind?? Did you just decide you're not using tees ever again? Bizarre.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't know why someone would do that. I use plastic tees since they never break, so I'm always picking it up again. I've genuinely seen tees left upright in the ground before, not even bashed in. Why are you leaving your tee behind?? Did you just decide you're not using tees ever again? Bizarre.
I've gone back to using a short plastic tee on par 3s. I have no idea why I stopped and moved to wooden tees...tbh I think it was simply a kind of snobbery - thinking wooden tees were 'the thing' as plastic tees looked and were a bit 'el cheapo'.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Sometimes my caddy will forget to collect my tee after I’ve driven the ball. I’ve had a word so it shouldn’t happen again, sorry (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've gone back to using a short plastic tee on par 3s. I have no idea why I stopped and moved to wooden tees...tbh I think it was simply a kind of snobbery - thinking wooden tees were 'the thing' as plastic tees looked and were a bit 'el cheapo'.
Yeah that's exactly what I use, the ones that are only about an inch long. In the heat wave when the ground was rock hard they were easy enough to get in the ground, and as I say, I rarely ever lose one and never break them either, so I've not bought any new tees in a good four years! Nor will I need to for another few years at least.

sjw

Visit site
Plastic is great if you're going to pick them up. Plain wood breaks but will obviously break down if left behind.