Tee Times - Staying or Going

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The motion to reinstall the booking system was unceremoniously booted out on Thursday.
So, for now, we are continuing with out rock up and play system.
But I'm a little confused by the club member's animosity to the booking system..
Sunday mornings before 11.30 have to be booked
Tuesday mornings ( Ladies day) before 11 have to be booked...
Some comps have to be booked.

The Board are planning to introduce a hybrid system, trying to please everyone.
That will include booking times on Wednesdays and Fridays as well as every competition
This is alongside the current booking requirements.

So.....we don't want a full time booking system but, it seems, we'll be OK with booking on, effectively, 3 full days....
Doesn't seem to be that big a jump to a full time booking system.....

Mandofred

Visit site
the great compromiser :ROFLMAO:
I don't get your point. I'm fine with them reducing the numbers of roll ups (way too many in my opinion), I'm fine with them moving the roll ups out of those prime times that makes it easier for those who only play weekends to get a tee time earlier in the day (even though they could play in the roll up, but it's not how they want to play). There are ways to keep the booking system, roll ups, open up more free booking times on weekend mornings for individual bookings... seems like I'm compromising quite a lot.......and the compromise from the other side of the argument is...??? Well, no compromise....they just want the roll ups to die a quick death so they can get on with the way they want to play.

Compromise means both sides to a discussion need to give up something they want and meet towards the middle. Am I wrong?

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Thats all very well, but the last two clubs I joined I didn't know any other members. One had roll ups every week and drawn competitions, and I made good friends with loads of people within weeks. The second one has no drawn competitions and obviously no roll ups since I joined.

Roll ups and drawn competition tee times are brilliant for new members who join, as I did, having relocated with work to a new area.
100% this. I moved to Warrington, and I think it's fair to name Poulton Park as a simply superb club for new members, every single medal was drawn, played with different people every week, and within a couple of months I knew most of the regular medal players. I've been a member at half a dozen clubs, and without hesitation I'd name PP as the friendliest I've been at.