Team USA, Bad Manners Or Ignorance?

clubchamp07

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's not about golf. it's manners you wouldn't cut between a herse and the limo behind you let them go together you wouldn't sit on a train and let a pregnant women stand, you wouldn't brush passed a old women to get into a shop while she try s to get out you let her go 1st I am 31 not an old man nothing wrong with having manners and good etiquette.

How about showing your manners and winding your neck in!

Is it me of is this guy winding alot of us up? He's only here 5 mins and he's at the cutting edge every post!

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's not about golf. it's manners you wouldn't cut between a herse and the limo behind you let them go together you wouldn't sit on a train and let a pregnant women stand, you wouldn't brush passed a old women to get into a shop while she try s to get out you let her go 1st I am 31 not an old man nothing wrong with having manners and good etiquette.

How about showing your manners and winding your neck in!

Is it me of is this guy winding alot of us up? He's only here 5 mins and he's at the cutting edge every post!

What clubs does he use?
Can he speak French?

golfchat1

Club Champion
Visit site
I know what you are saying and I am sure he is a good guy. I to wouldn't bother if someone never took their hat off but I would put that down to lack of education in the game or just forgot.

Somebody who doesn't do it blatantly because they think it's out dated then thats what gets my goat.

Screwback

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Really, who is bothered? hat on hat off does it matter? we all need to respect this game agreed but i would say bad manners would be not shaking your opponents hand after a match but not taking a hat off pah!

Mind I dont wear a hat so im knackered anyway ;)

D

Deleted member 1418

Doesn't bother me to be honest. I always remove my cap or visor when I shake hands, but wouldn't be offended if any of my playing partners didn't.

Now spitting on the golf course......definite no-no!

S

Snelly

Never understood that pish,another one of the games stupid crusty traditions.

I couldn't give a toss if my opponent kept his hat on,what difference does it make? :D

Agreed

No. You are wrong.

It is basic good manners.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site

"you wouldn't cut between a herse and the limo behind you let them go together" - not if I'm late for my tee time! Sod 'em! They're dead anyway, they won't mind.

"you wouldn't sit on a train and let a pregnant women stand" - do you use public transport? I do. Everyday. It's NUFF expensive (Leftie, that's 'enough' to you). If I get a seat - NO-ONE takes it from me! Anyway, if they sit down they'll just get more fat and more varicose veins so I'm actually doing them a favour.

"you wouldn't brush passed a old women to get into a shop while she try s to get out you let her go 1st" - absolute wibble! I work Monday to Friday so I can only go shopping at the weekend. Who do I encounter at the weekend - doing their shopping? Old people! Why? You're got all bloody week to get your bread and milk - do NOT go at the weekend. And then, to rub salt in the wound, what do I hear them saying? "Oh Harold, I hate this shop on a Saturday, it's always so busy!" Cretins! So, do I push past the old dear? Damn right! She should be at home - darning socks or listening to Desert Island Discs!

I have manners and good etiquette - if I fart in the clubhouse I also say sorry - unless I follow through... :mad:
AW - you are my hero!!!

I take my cap off, but it's one of the few things that doesn't bother me if my opponent doesn't. Talking loudly when taking a shot, blatant gamesmanship and not repairing pitchmarks/divots/raking bunkers will enrage me far more!! FAR MORE!!! :D