Taylormade Tour Burner Driver

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I ordered one of these from the Scottsdale Golf Taylormade Driver sale on Friday and it arrived safe and sound this morning. So during my lunch break thought I might as well nip to the range for a quick 40 balls to try it out.

First impression.....WOW, £69.99 very well spent.

My bad shot is normally an erratic push/slice that often not only misses the fairway im aiming for but also the adjoining one too! However, with the 4 or 5 bad strikes I made they only went 10-15 yds right with no slice at all, just a little push. The rest of them had a nice draw and were bouncing off the back fence :D .

Was very tempted to get another basket but unfortunately work was calling :(. Anyway am looking forward to Saturday when I can put it into play on the course (where it matters) and see if it's as good as first impressions!

borntorunsean

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ive ordered the same, on monday. not here yet, but will give it a rip on saturday. Quite excited. im never buying the lates model again, there is simply no reason to.

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well hopefully you wont be disappointed! Cant really go wrong at that price.

At first I wasnt too sure about the shape of the head when I was looking down on it at setup, but after 40 balls I had soon got used to it. It just felt really easy to hit, very forgiving

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
The back fences at driving ranges for forummers need to be moved back considerably. Anyone on here who doesn't reach them ? ;) ;)

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The back fences at driving ranges for forummers need to be moved back considerably. Anyone on here who doesn't reach them ? ;) ;)

I didnt say the back fence was 400 yards away though did i? :D The range I went to today, dont usually go there, is about 270.

So stop turning this post into a 'I can hit my driver miles' thread :D

richart

Major Champion
Visit site

I didnt say the back fence was 400 yards away though did i? :D The range I went to today, dont usually go there, is about 270.

So stop turning this post into a 'I can hit my driver miles' thread :D

Remember all range yardages are on the optimistic side :D :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I love my Tour Burner. I thought I'd found the ideal club in the R7 Ltd but the Burner has added at least another 10 yards with no extra effort. A very good club and far outplays the R9 in all its guises