Taylormade Stealth

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not too interested in the latest £500 TM driver to be honest, all the YouTube videos I've watched prove it doesn't go more than 2-3 yards further so unless you have bundles of money to throw around on the latest gear for a bit of fun I don't see the point. How you hit the club is going to matter an awful lot more than the club you use!

But the thing that has struck me from this well planned embargo lift on 4th Jan from TM is just how many pros/YouTubers/'Influencers' (God I hate that word! but it's clearly accurate here) get all the models so RRP £1.5-2k+ totally for free just for promoting it. Yes it happens in all sectors but it does make you wonder how bigger mugs consumers are for parting with £500 for this stuff.

Having said all this I have a driver fitting next week and my budget is about £450! My defence to myself is I've never bought any brand new golf clubs so it's a little one off treat not every year.

If that's your budget for a new driver, why wouldn't the Stealth be one that you wanted to try?

If I was spending that much, I'd want to make sure I'd tried all the available options before deciding which was the best option.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I'm not too interested in the latest £500 TM driver to be honest, all the YouTube videos I've watched prove it doesn't go more than 2-3 yards further so unless you have bundles of money to throw around on the latest gear for a bit of fun I don't see the point. How you hit the club is going to matter an awful lot more than the club you use!

But the thing that has struck me from this well planned embargo lift on 4th Jan from TM is just how many pros/YouTubers/'Influencers' (God I hate that word! but it's clearly accurate here) get all the models so RRP £1.5-2k+ totally for free just for promoting it. Yes it happens in all sectors but it does make you wonder how bigger mugs consumers are for parting with £500 for this stuff.

Having said all this I have a driver fitting next week and my budget is about £450! My defence to myself is I've never bought any brand new golf clubs so it's a little one off treat not every year.

It may not go much further, but nearly all of the testers have said how forgiving and consistent it is.

I really can’t understand why you wouldn’t try the very latest clubs if you have that sort of budget.

sunshine

Visit site
Yeah totally agree and understand that but it just struck me quite how many people they ship this stuff too before release, it's not just a select group it seems like it's hundreds of people just in the UK. Maybe I'll start a YouTube channel just to get the freebies ;)

That's what lots of people do. Just start a vlog with your quest to reach scratch, tell everyone on here about it.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Yeah totally agree and understand that but it just struck me quite how many people they ship this stuff too before release, it's not just a select group it seems like it's hundreds of people just in the UK. Maybe I'll start a YouTube channel just to get the freebies ;)

Believe me, it doesn't work.

I've had a channel running for getting on for a year now and I'm still waiting to be contacted by Penfold, John Letters, Gradidge, George Nicoll and a host of other brands.

In fact none of the brands I've featured have reached out to me. :confused:
(Maybe I should get a Ouija board?)

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Believe me, it doesn't work.

I've had a channel running for getting on for a year now and I'm still waiting to be contacted by Penfold, John Letters, Gradidge, George Nicoll and a host of other brands.

In fact none of the brands I've featured have reached out to me. :confused:
(Maybe I should get a Ouija board?)
Ha ha....

To be fair, a local fitter has a channel with about 10/11k subscribers.....gets nothing from any OEM...has to wait until his fitting stock comes in before he can review it..

evolve528

Visit site
It may not go much further, but nearly all of the testers have said how forgiving and consistent it is.

I really can’t understand why you wouldn’t try the very latest clubs if you have that sort of budget.

Oh no don't get me wrong I will certainly try all the latest and shiny stuff, just how new it is and the way it looks is totally insignificant compared with performance and value for money, I could probably have explained better! I could be the biggest hypocrite ever and be coming back next Friday saying I've just ordered the Stealth to be fair ;)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
A lot of people moaning about the red face on the Stealth being a bit garish, but looking at this photo is seems that a red face is nothing new.
That's correct, red inserts were very common for a very long time, right up to the Ping Zing and Eye-2.
I believe Yonex had a full carbon headed driver that they claimed "Longest driver on tour". Might have been an ADX, if memory serves.
Mickleson played Yonex clubs for a while.

adx.jpg
Yonex ADX 200

Last edited:

sunshine

Visit site
That's correct, red inserts were very common for a very long time, right up to the Ping Zing and Eye-2.
I believe Yonex had a full carbon headed driver that they claimed "Longest driver on tour". Might have been an ADX, if memory serves.
Mickleson played Yonex clubs for a while.

View attachment 40417
Yonex ADX 200

I had one! I wandered into a driving range shop, early 2000's, and there was a second hand club going for £25. It had no loft and a very stiff golden shaft, the shop probably couldn't get rid of it. Well I took it on to the range and sent the first ball crashing into the fence at the back of the range, the others all followed. Bought it on the spot, never hit a good shot with it out on the course :ROFLMAO:

YONEX A.D.X 200 DRIVER ,GRAPHITE SHAFT REG FLEX, LOFT 11* | eBay

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
So I pre-ordered a Stealth Plus driver, I had an eBay voucher so it cost me £439 instead of £499.

The good thing is I can pre test the driver before it arrives at my local golf club and if its no better than my current driver I can just cancel the order.

sunshine

Visit site
So I pre-ordered a Stealth Plus driver, I had an eBay voucher so it cost me £439 instead of £499.

The good thing is I can pre test the driver before it arrives at my local golf club and if its no better than my current driver I can just cancel the order.

Considering the hype (190 posts on this thread and counting!) if you don’t like it you’ll probably be able to sell it on for a profit

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah more than likely if its brand new.
One thing I've noticed about golf is its full of "shut up and take my money" type of people. These people are usually the ones that also think that they can buy a lower score.
Personally I'll try the club against my sim 2. If its an improvement I'll keep the record of the spec and buy it next year at -50%

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
One thing I've noticed about golf is its full of "shut up and take my money" type of people. These people are usually the ones that also think that they can buy a lower score.
Personally I'll try the club against my sim 2. If its an improvement I'll keep the record of the spec and buy it next year at -50%

Yes I do agree, I tell lots of people they'd be better having lessons than buying new kit. I'm going to be testing before committing to keeping it.

I'm having lessons at the moment trying to get my handicap down as low as possible. Whilst I know that new clubs won't do this I just like having new clubs and whilst I have the money to buy them I think why not.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I'll give you £25 for the Sim2 when that day comes. :whistle: