TaylorMade P770 fitting (KBS Tour Lite Stiff)

Larry long dog

Visit site
Had a fitting with TM via American Golf last week. TM Guy knew his stuff but think I peed off AG by saying I was going to think about it- ah well eh.

Anyone had a fitting then ordered through another source? Who would you recommend in terms of turnaround time and cost?

Ta.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mate had his fitting with the Pro and a TM demo day where we play. Not sure about the exact story bit within a few weeks he decided he was not happy with them (particularly the shaft) the pro and TM agreed to change them with albeit with a fairly small charge. I would go to someone who gives that sort of service.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Free with AG.

If it was a free AG arranged fitting then you’ll probably find AG have to pay for the tour truck and expect a certain level of orders to cover the cost. I’m not saying this is 100% accurate more and assumption.

Out of interest why did you try the clubs and then need to think about it when it come to buying?

There could be 100’s of answers but if it was because you are now going to look for a better deal elsewhere I could understand the AG guy being a bit miffed as he was probably banking on some commission and club sales.

Larry long dog

Visit site
I simply didn’t want to buy through them. Their customer service is poor (in my personal experience) along with their wait times. I utilised the fact they got a proper TM guy in. AG used to price match, but don’t anymore and I wouldn’t have ordered through them out of principle. I’ve gone to my local independent shop who I also have lessons with and ordered through them and should be turning up this week.

On AG wait times, turns out all the orders go to a central distribution centre as opposed to being sent direct to the store. I guess the most prolific stores who sell the most get the stock in quicker and then replenished.

My understanding is that AG often ‘blame’ TM, Titleist, Mizuno etc for delays whereas it is in fact their process. Hence my local independent retailer being able to get them quicker as opposed to the 6 weeks quoted by AG.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That’s probably why AG are a little off, effectively you have used them with no intention. We’ve all done it but still an offer of price matching should have been there so it’s a 50/50.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I simply didn’t want to buy through them. Their customer service is poor (in my personal experience) along with their wait times. I utilised the fact they got a proper TM guy in. AG used to price match, but don’t anymore and I wouldn’t have ordered through them out of principle. I’ve gone to my local independent shop who I also have lessons with and ordered through them and should be turning up this week.

On AG wait times, turns out all the orders go to a central distribution centre as opposed to being sent direct to the store. I guess the most prolific stores who sell the most get the stock in quicker and then replenished.

My understanding is that AG often ‘blame’ TM, Titleist, Mizuno etc for delays whereas it is in fact their process. Hence my local independent retailer being able to get them quicker as opposed to the 6 weeks quoted by AG.
If they are custom fit and built for you, why would another branch of AG get your clubs just because they sell more? Something doesn't ring true with your reasoning

Larry long dog

Visit site
If they are custom fit and built for you, why would another branch of AG get your clubs just because they sell more? Something doesn't ring true with your reasoning

It’s not my ‘reasoning’ per se and I perhaps haven’t explained myself very well? Just what I got told regarding time taken to get clubs from AG as opposed to another outlet. Believe what you will…

Jason.H

Visit site
Had a fitting with TM via American Golf last week. TM Guy knew his stuff but think I peed off AG by saying I was going to think about it- ah well eh.

Anyone had a fitting then ordered through another source? Who would you recommend in terms of turnaround time and cost?

Ta.

If you know the specs from the fitting you could buy a 2nd hand set.