Talk about a game of two halves

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I played in our midweek stableford on Wednesday afternoon. The front nine I couldn't seem to get going and was playing scruffy golf, I did however score on every hole but with so many 1 pointers only managed to cobble 14 points together. Thinking I needed to shoot 19 -20 points to hit buffer I set about the back nine with a bit more concentration. The swing started to come back and I new I was playing a completely different game to the front nine, I never added my score up, but knew I was playing well. The good news when I totted my score up after the 18th was I'd just shot a gross 36 (1 over par) which included a double on our par 5 for a massive 24 points, so not only hit buffer, but managed a little cut as well.

Happy days.

:)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Nicely done, especially in a comp.

Under less pressure I had a similar round at cooden earlier in the year, 12 points going out, 24 coming back (2 under gross).

It's a silly came really.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played in our midweek stableford on Wednesday afternoon. The front nine I couldn't seem to get going and was playing scruffy golf, I did however score on every hole but with so many 1 pointers only managed to cobble 14 points together. Thinking I needed to shoot 19 -20 points to hit buffer I set about the back nine with a bit more concentration. The swing started to come back and I new I was playing a completely different game to the front nine, I never added my score up, but knew I was playing well. The good news when I totted my score up after the 18th was I'd just shot a gross 36 (1 over par) which included a double on our par 5 for a massive 24 points, so not only hit buffer, but managed a little cut as well.

Happy days.

:)

Well played mate.
They do say its takes a bit longer for the older to warm up.:D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have mastered the art. Crap front nine in the 12-15 point category followed a by sharp talking to myself at the turn. Usually has the desired effect and an even crappier second nine leaves me scrapping for 25 points in total

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I played at Lanhydrock one year with a group of mates. Just couldn't do a thing right on the front 9 and I think I stood on the 10th tee with 7 points under my belt. Had 23 on the back for a 30 point finish. God knows what happened there
:mad: