Swing video

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
As I had to record one I thought I'd pop it on here for everyone to laugh at, I mean critique! I've thick skin and won't take any offence. I've not been able to clip or edit them so sorry for watching me walk back and forth from the camera!

Down the line

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPL0RIu5Mkc

Face on

http://youtu.be/R7A7mC52Re4

Many thanks for looking, hope it doesn't give you any nightmares!!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'll let the experts critique but i dont think you will be off 27.5 for long ! Looks very solid...practise your shortgame :)

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
good & tidy posture, a sound reasonable motion through the ball keeping that posture pretty good. there are a couple things in there maybes you could look at.
but are you having lessons currently? in which case the Pro will have a plan for improvement with what areas he'd like to address & in what order.

the swing motion in your game is giving you what kinda issues when you play re your contact/strike, shot shape & your misses etc anything you can identify that's giving you a bunch of problems that you want to look at to improve.
I get that all folks naturally always want to generally improve consistency but to do that you have to identify what's giving you the biggest issues with getting the ball to your target. then look at the impact position that's giving the problem results & work back from there as to why your getting that problematic impact.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really good swing that just can't believe your off 28. Just one thing I noticed you tend to sway a little away from the target on the back swing. Good luck

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Really good swing that just can't believe your off 28. Just one thing I noticed you tend to sway a little away from the target on the back swing. Good luck

The back swing looks pretty fast to me, which may be causing the above to happen.

Nice and balanced though, would love to see the ball flight.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
good & tidy posture, a sound reasonable motion through the ball keeping that posture pretty good. there are a couple things in there maybes you could look at.
but are you having lessons currently? in which case the Pro will have a plan for improvement with what areas he'd like to address & in what order.

the swing motion in your game is giving you what kinda issues when you play re your contact/strike, shot shape & your misses etc anything you can identify that's giving you a bunch of problems that you want to look at to improve.
I get that all folks naturally always want to generally improve consistency but to do that you have to identify what's giving you the biggest issues with getting the ball to your target. then look at the impact position that's giving the problem results & work back from there as to why your getting that problematic impact.

Biggest issues are topped or thinned shots with my irons, think this may have something to do with a sway away from the ball. My driving is a straightish or pushed fade/slice depending how bad. Also driver launches quite low at times. Irons can also be pushed at times.

Last lesson was at the start of the summer, mid July time, with Bob who helped me sort out my alignment, hence the much better play later in the season.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
That's the half swings sorted. What about the full ones? :whistle:

Really nice swing for your level which, as others have posted, you won't be on for long! :thup:

Only comment, apart from maybe taking it back a bit further, is that your arms seem a bit stiff at address. A tad fidgety, but if 2 or 3 seconds extra preparation saves you a shot a hole, then it's well worth it imo! And you'll get quicker as you get better/more comfortable as well.

SGC001

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I generally like to stay out of this section now, but it may be worth asking bob or your pro about forward back balance with your posture as it is and clubface position at the top contributing to your shot shape and bad shots. Only on a small mobile so can't see all as well as i'd like.

Edit i should say lots of good things also.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You have some very good aspects to your setup and swing.

A few things to consider:

You lift the club up quickly in the takeaway which gets you a bit narrow.
You are casting the club from the top and this is probably contributing to you hitting thin and probably fat at times and leaking power.
You are starting down on a steep plane that looks like you are cutting across from out to in. Do you hit fades and slices? Could also be the cause of your shank.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
{would always say if possible work with a PGA pro will help you iron out the problems a ways quicker}

as said earlier you have a pretty good idea of motion which is good. you have a reasonable posture.

but a few issues make if harder for the swing to be as functional as you would like.
need some work on cutting down the fidgets which eventually ends up right before takeaway with your right hand ending up in a pretty strong position which probably has some bearing on the early wrist use & a little ways of a pick up plus the club face at top of swing (1st dtl vid) looking at the sky, plus your right leg 'locking out' which will make rotation & how your weight works during the swing a little more difficult.

ends up with the swing working to the top a little ways flat so the transition then has to start transition with the hands/arm/shoulders which work outwards from the top making the downswing a ways too steep which causes an early loss of the angles - loss of the real important one - the right hand & so the left hand to shaft angle - so as has been said in a previous post - this will lead to heavy fat strikes & also to thins, tops etc. as it's part of the same issue of the club bottoming out at a low point before arriving at the ball.
sensing this you are, standing up a little ways to get club to ball, so head shoulders are 'up' & kinda looking target ways for the balls travel.
so the club path to impact is a ways steep & out to in with a bit of over clubface rotation which can cause a few different kinds of issues at strike

have a look at this vid, in the way that a slightly steeper backswing path will allow you to initiate the downswing with the lower body giving you a better stronger path through impact. to help that if you can quiet the hands during takeaway a little ways that should help you achieve this. a feeling that the hands/wrists do nothing until they have passed the right thigh to around hip height, then the left hand/wrist/thumb sets upwards to the sky on a steeper plane butt end of the club points little ways inside the ball/target line. (also cut down the fidgets before you take the club back so keep the right hand more on top of the handle so the right hand/right arm doesn't get too active first off from the ball)

[video=youtube_share;mRIk-3yO2so]http://youtu.be/mRIk-3yO2so[/video]

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
you don't whip the club inside as shown in the vid but this is also a good drill to do to help keep the hands a ways quiet from the get-go - 2 bag towels even better than one. it helps stop the hands/wrists independently pick up the club at first move away & promotes the shoulders chest to be the engine to move the arm triangle club unit away, so too the club head stays outside the hands in this first part of the takeaway to around hip height.

[video=youtube_share;w8dufQ0-YTA]http://youtu.be/w8dufQ0-YTA[/video]

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks coach. Glad you spotted the shifting grip, thought I'd got rid of that! Been fighting it since a grip change a long time ago where my right hand was excessively strong. I'll go watch the videos.