swing time

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looks like your overswinging just a tad. even for driver. You may be losing a little control.Maybe keep your hands a bit higher at the top to keep the club more towards the target line?.
Also your turning your hips too much you wanna turn your hips between 30-45 degrees and a shoulder turn between 80-110 degrees, Your shoulder turn is very good boabski but you want to keep the hip turn less that will creat more torque in the backswing, and give you a ton more power and consistency.

Short of being there with you i couldnt tell much more than that. the down swing looks pretty good you drive through the ball well.

Other than that you got a good swing to work with.

Hope this helps

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z_F0svhA7w&feature=related

See how far back sergios hips go to in the video. yours are facing the camera head on where as sergio has only turned his hips a little way

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just looked at that Garcia clip. Ye gods. Did you see how far he dropped his hands and consequently clubhead at the start of the downswing? Clubhead 12 - 18" ? Talk about back on the inside line!

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just looked at that Garcia clip. Ye gods. Did you see how far he dropped his hands and consequently clubhead at the start of the downswing? Clubhead 12 - 18" ? Talk about back on the inside line!
I thinkn this is a result of how quickly he turns his hips first towards the target. previous to my recent lessons i was doing the opposite and turning my shoulders before my hips. consequently popping the club head up a few inches creating that steeper angle of attack.
Now i have worked on that a bit and its better now. a bit more like sergio where the club drops a bit. its quite hard to get used to.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Boabski, my man, did you two not have any 50 pences for the meter last night? It's darker than darkest Borneo on a dark night in deepest, darkest winter.

Aside from the lack of light I can only say that you seem to be taking your hands quite far on the inside on the way back rather than straight back...and it looks a little flat at the top. All easily changed and not looking too bad, though.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Looked pretty good to me Boabski, but I think you should slow-up the backswing, and give yourself more time to turn into the shot through the hitting area.

But what do I know?

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Boabski...do you hit your woods better than your short irons?

You remind me of a chap from my old club....the captain used to pair us up in Greensomes. We were astonishing, took his drives 90% of the time. This tended to leave me with the crucial putts. Unbeaten for ages!

Gasp

Head Pro
Visit site
Boabski, if you don't mind me saying, I think your set up needs looking at. You tend to be reaching for the ball. If when you watch the clip again, you put your finger on your head you'll notice that as you take the club back, your head moves back. This may be because your balance is too far forward in the stance. this also promotes the club to cross the line at the top, i.e. the club points a little to the right rather than straight down the line.

Try and have a little more flex in the legs, bend at the hips, not the waist, the weight through the body on to the balls of the feet, then let your arms hang. Then grip the club. May feel weird as hell but I think it may help. Get a picture of any of the tour pros, look at their set up and compare it to yours. See what you think.