Surge of New Members

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Our BRS bookings have been open now for nearly a week and every day is booked solid - it’s utter carnage trying to secure times.

I have fast broadband, and am ready and waiting the very second bookings go live, yet within a couple of seconds every tee time is locked by someone else. I simply cannot get a time.

How do people manage to get in so quickly? I’m really beginning to think there’s a BRS hack out there.
Ah the BRS hack - there's a topic on here every couple of months asking about how to get access to the hack app.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It's usually a person making their first post on the forum - sadly none of them stay once they don't get access to the hack - which works wonderfully well, I've got prime tee times on Sunday and Monday ;)

I suspect there are just people out there with faster broadband than me. But I’m not moving house just to secure tee times ?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
I suspect there are just people out there with faster broadband than me. But I’m not moving house just to secure tee times ?
It'll calm down I'd think - we nearly always have times where I could go out for nine holes at least at the end of the day - for example I can get 3.30 and onwards tomorrow (Saturday) which would get me more than nine holes in, might even get lucky and get full 18 in - do you have anything like that - nine is better than nothing.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It'll calm down I'd think - we nearly always have times where I could go out for nine holes at least at the end of the day - for example I can get 3.30 and onwards tomorrow (Saturday) which would get me more than nine holes in, might even get lucky and get full 18 in - do you have anything like that - nine is better than nothing.

We can get later times for nine holes at the moment. If I was to start any time after 1pm I wouldn’t manage eighteen because when ours is as busy as it is at the moment, any tee time after mid morning makes for a five hour round. Minimum.

It will calm down, I agree. Especially as people start returning to more normal working habits. Frustrating, having just retired myself, that I can’t even get a game of golf to mark the milestone.

?

davidy233

Tour Rookie
I wouldn’t manage eighteen because when ours is as busy as it is at the moment, any tee time after mid morning makes for a five hour round. Minimum.
?
I can remember my first medal when I was down South years ago - arranged for the missus and kids to meet me five hours after my tee time - thinking I'll have time for a quick pint with my playing partners - we were still on the 17th when she arrived in the car park. 4.30 to 5 hour rounds are something I don't miss since moving back to Scotland.

sunshine

Visit site
I can remember my first medal when I was down South years ago - arranged for the missus and kids to meet me five hours after my tee time - thinking I'll have time for a quick pint with my playing partners - we were still on the 17th when she arrived in the car park. 4.30 to 5 hour rounds are something I don't miss since moving back to Scotland.

I don't think this is a regional thing, I know plenty of courses down south where you can zip round in 3 hours or less.

My experience is the public and proprietary courses are more likely to pack people in which leads to congestion.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting new members is great if they are already “ experienced “ players.
We did have a problem when we ran a deal for under 30s to join to up the numbers.
We had lots join who had never been on a golf course before.
This did create problems on the course.
sorted itself out but it took time.
What I also found was the new members were really eager to learn and we now have some really good young girls playing, one for the county.