Sunningdale 2024

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just had a look on their site on a certain page, and came up with this:

It’s £400 for breakfast, 36 holes, carvery lunch and afternoon tea at the end.

That’s without speaking to GM Forum legends, tapping into our wider network, greasing a few palms… 😜
I may be interested, as long as it's not like £400 now.
Nailed it, haha.

The Lion

Visit site
For reference everyone, the last Sunningdale meet was in S2019, organised by @Lincoln Quaker and cost £265 for two rounds, breakfast, carvery lunch and afternoon tea.

This was against a rack rate of £350 at the time for 36 holes golf only. So the £400 in the link above vs £525 current green fees compares similarly: the ratio is 1.32 for both!

Thus this is the sort of price we might expect to pay.

Thoughts everyone?

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
A look back through time shows that this was a popular GM Forum outing — and well-priced too with breakfast, lunch and 36 for not much more than £200!

Obviously it’d be more now, but surely it’s time to do another big meet like olden times.

So who might be interested for such a day in summer?
So, are you looking g to arrange something or is the arrange a game now just a place for a wish list?

The Lion

Visit site
So, are you looking g to arrange something or is the arrange a game now just a place for a wish list?
Glad you asked! Just in the stage of fishing to gauge interest.

Now we have some, I need some help. I can inbox you with a couple of things. Hope that’s ok?

Ditto anyone else who used to organise these — or still does. If you’re willing to help, please let me know and we’ll chat…

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I think there will be plenty of interest

So approach Sunningdale with a date
Or 2 days back to back if you want to play both courses.
36 in one day is heavy for us oldies and many buggies.

Limit the numbers to say 40
Include food
Agree a total price ( Mention Golf Monthly Forum)
Divide that price by 40 = price per head , get options for both days or if 36 in 1 day, options for people playing 1 course.

Now come back to the forum and tell us what you have got

Get names , contact details and a chunky deposit (min 25%) straight away, no exceptions, create a waiting list, no returned deposits unless a replacement is found.

Find out when Sunningdale require payment, get all monies in 2 weeks before that date. If you want to do a stage payment, that’s up to you, it’s your train set.

You do not want to be chasing payments on the day.
Can’t pay = Doesn’t play, be firm, you need to enjoy the day too

That’s about it,

I’m far too busy to do it myself, but more than happy to help and I’ll be there unless the price is proper silly 👍

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Glad you asked! Just in the stage of fishing to gauge interest.

Now we have some, I need some help. I can inbox you with a couple of things. Hope that’s ok?

Ditto anyone else who used to organise these — or still does. If you’re willing to help, please let me know and we’ll chat…
Go ahead

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
played it circa 6 times and said last year that the £350 for the full day package (rather than the £525 from memory that it looked like) would be the swansong but i do love it so as a Sean said "never say never again"!

The Lion

Visit site
played it circa 6 times and said last year that the £350 for the full day package (rather than the £525 from memory that it looked like) would be the swansong but i do love it so as a Sean said "never say never again"!
£350 in 2023 for breakfast, two rounds and carvery?

If so that’s interesting and would like more info, as I’ll need all the help I can get to deliver this one for you guys…

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
£350 in 2023 for breakfast, two rounds and carvery?

If so that’s interesting and would like more info, as I’ll need all the help I can get to deliver this one for you guys…

yes. It was organised by the club. I very much doubt that simialr deals are available now. The only way to know is to ask. Similary the deal Glyn got over 2 days a few years ago i suspect was a pure one off and highly unlikley to be available again

The Lion

Visit site
yes. It was organised by the club. I very much doubt that simialr deals are available now. The only way to know is to ask. Similary the deal Glyn got over 2 days a few years ago i suspect was a pure one off and highly unlikley to be available again
I checked and it was £265. Indications so far are it might be around £400. I need to contact certain people to see if we have any options or contacts first.

Do you think they wouldn’t be amenable to doing an event over 2 days now? I’ve already had a few people state that’s their preference, so I will ask anyway.