Sun Day Red

D

Deleted member 15344

Out of sight, out of mind!

And some don’t think that way and will be a bit more aware and have it in their thoughts

A number of manufacturers have tried to move away from the old Chinese sweatshops

Albo

Visit site
It’s a tough one, what extra would you pay for ethical clothing?
£2 extra for a top?
£5
£10
£20
Everyone will have a cut off point.
And in reality, many of us benefit from these companies making more money as in one way or another a lot of us will be shareholders to some degree. Many of the large pension funds we are part of will have holdings is these large global companies and we all want our pension to do well.
There are a lot of layers to this onion

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
There is always a bit of spin when it comes to reporting pay and conditions in the ‘sweatshops’. They report the workers only get paid £1 a day but forget to say the average wage in the area is 50p a day. Not that I am saying everything is rosy but sometimes the full facts are not reported

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I used to work in the uk textile industry, now totally decimated by cheap labour and manufacturing costs overseas.

I’m not gonna lose to much sleep worrying about where my golf kecks are made - just as those companies didn’t care about the loss of tens of thousands of uk jobs.
Economics innit.

TigerBear

Visit site
As a huge Tiger fan since the 90s, he's the reason why I started following golf in the first place, I love the Nike/TW apparel. The hats, polos, shoes, the wardrobe's full of that gear.

The TW logo is iconic imo, it's well designed, looks cool and inspiring, and aestheticly it just works. I can't say the same for any of this SDR branding.

Disappointed about his latest take of "moving on", especially when he has the intellectual rights to it. I didn't see Jordan moving on from his iconic branding and air Jordans etc.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Can we please get back on topic and stick to discussing the great new range rather than the ethics of global consumerism. Thats behind us now. 🤷‍♂️

I can see the youth really going for the natty collarless type hoodie, and, have you seen the ecru colourway gloves ? Very classy.

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
There will be brands etc out there that have a bit more morals but not very many because they know it will eat into their profits

Or could just buy Kjus who are in Switzerland I believe

It’s very hard prob near on impossible to not wear or use an item that’s been manufactured in Asia
Druids are ridiculously cheap

D

Deleted member 15344

Druids are ridiculously cheap

They are and you can tell by the quality

We went with them for our scratch teams kit - top isn’t great , mid layer is like cardboard

But they do some decent deals

We will be going to Glenmuir which is a bit more expensive but better quality