Sun Day Red

Banchory Buddha

Visit site

Interesting marketing release from Galvin Green today, wonder if they read this forum? 😂

Ps. Is it just me that obsesses about their clothing? I literally have full thermal base layers, trousers, polos, waterproof top+trousers, windproof jacket, snoods, hats and gloves from them… It’s all amazing quality and does the job perfectly, as well as being on the more stylish side for golf apparel?
I'm with LiverpoolPhil, not a fan at all, don't like their shirt, their waterproofs are far to restrictive and noisy and heavy and I ended up selling mine

I do have a shell top that I got free in a promo, I do wear that a lot, but I would never part with my own money for GG again

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'm with LiverpoolPhil, not a fan at all, don't like their shirt, their waterproofs are far to restrictive and noisy and heavy and I ended up selling mine

I do have a shell top that I got free in a promo, I do wear that a lot, but I would never part with my own money for GG again
Not a fan purely based on price. I have several sets of FJ waterproofs that are 10+ years old and still going strong and if I need a new set then another or the Ping (heard good things from a PP) would be a fraction of the cost. It may be good stuff but based a purely consumer decision they aren't for me

D

Deleted member 35504

They are and you can tell by the quality

We went with them for our scratch teams kit - top isn’t great , mid layer is like cardboard

But they do some decent deals

We will be going to Glenmuir which is a bit more expensive but better quality
Glenmuir is for the Seniors rabbits section.

For scratch team you'd be miles better off with the Ping range, they'll do your pro a good deal on that and it's quality stuff.

D

Deleted member 35504

Not a fan purely based on price. I have several sets of FJ waterproofs that are 10+ years old and still going strong and if I need a new set then another or the Ping (heard good things from a PP) would be a fraction of the cost. It may be good stuff but based a purely consumer decision they aren't for me
Ping waterproofs are crap in a downpour, as is my brand new FJ set which let water in the first time worn.

Gortex is the only thing that will properly stop heavy rain, everything else is a compromise.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Goretex is just a brand name for a membrane. It's brilliant, genuinely brilliant but other brands offer equivalent membranes. I have a Sunderland jacket, lifetime waterproof guarantee, and it's kept me completely dry in some horrible weather, 4 yrs old now. Now, someone out there might have a jacket that leaks first time but that can happen with a Goretex jacket as well. Sometimes you get a Friday afternoon product 🤷‍♂️

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Goretex is just a brand name for a membrane. It's brilliant, genuinely brilliant but other brands offer equivalent membranes. I have a Sunderland jacket, lifetime waterproof guarantee, and it's kept me completely dry in some horrible weather, 4 yrs old now. Now, someone out there might have a jacket that leaks first time but that can happen with a Goretex jacket as well. Sometimes you get a Friday afternoon product 🤷‍♂️
Agreed.

sunshine

Visit site
Glenmuir is for the Seniors rabbits section.

For scratch team you'd be miles better off with the Ping range, they'll do your pro a good deal on that and it's quality stuff.

Ping ideal for the seniors. The tops are cut for a more rotund rather than athletic physique. I feel like I’m growing into them 🤣