Styal golf club

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Took my lad to Manchester airport yesterday and noticed that the east Manchester link rd to the airport is now open. It is a thing of beauty and must save me half an hour. Anyway I noticed it runs straight through part of the Styal golf club. Anyone on here a member. Has it affected the course much.

Jimbop90

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I'm a member there. It hasn't changed the layout (as I know it at least, only been there 3 years) in it's current iteration. I think some holes did change maybe 5 or 6 years ago, and that might have been in response to the road plans but I'm not 100% sure.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you look at the aerial photos on google maps, you can see that it looks like two holes were affected/lost - as they are still evident on the "wrong" side of the road. But jimbop90 indicates the redesign was some years ago, presumably in anticipation...

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Looking at joining here next year on their points system. (£240 giving 12 rounds at weekend only three required for H/C) Keeps the HC live and means I can play anywhere I want for the rest of the time. A mate plays there. He said the 1st has gone and the 10th is now the first.