Stupid ways to injure yourself!!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's amazing how a bit of warm weather and a BBQ at a neighbours house can lead to an injury that might keep me off the course for at least a fortnight and maybe even longer. As is normally the way with these things it started with a few beers in the garden and ended up with me being rugby tackled into a kids paddling pool by two guys. End result is a pulled muscle in my chest and a couple of cracked ribs meaning that even moving my arm is massively painful.

Has anyone else done something stupid and been put out of action by it?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
just back from a 12 day lay off.

I went for a jog and decided to do a couple of mins on the rowing machine to warm down when I got home.

I woke up in the morning and could barely move.

lesson learnt, play golf, don't exercise! lol

mcbroon

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's amazing how a bit of warm weather and a BBQ at a neighbours house can lead to an injury that might keep me off the course for at least a fortnight and maybe even longer. As is normally the way with these things it started with a few beers in the garden and ended up with me being rugby tackled into a kids paddling pool by two guys. End result is a pulled muscle in my chest and a couple of cracked ribs meaning that even moving my arm is massively painful.

Has anyone else done something stupid and been put out of action by it?

Tried it on with a (now ex-) girlfriend's best mate years ago when I'd had a few. Didn't get any action for weeks.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Slid down 6 or 7 stairs last year and caught my left foot pinkie on the child gate bracket. Broken toe and everything I did for 7 weeks hurt like hell as you cant bandage it or owt.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I was playing "it" with The Boy in a park up at the In-Laws a few years back.
Whilst looking over my shoulder I stumbled over a molehill, went my length and landed on my side with my arm underneath me.
Bruised a couple of ribs and wrenched my shoulder too.
Still played though!!

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was In hospital once with a guy who shattered his leg falling off a mini motorbike

(I had shattered my collarbone in a BMX accident)