Early Season Injury

SteveBonners

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It would seem that the golfing gods are not looking kindly on me at the moment.

Last season was a difficult one with family problems meaning that I could not play anywhere near as much as I would have liked and I only played once to my handicap all year, not at all in competitions.

Have been working really hard on my game in the last few months and was looking forward to a better year. On Friday I shot an 81, the first time that I'd played to or bettered my handicap in 12 months. I went into the medal on Sunday looking forward to a reasonable round. Got off to a steady start, when out of the blue on the 11th felt a shooting pain down my right side under the arm. I finished the hole and then teed up on the 12th, but as I went to start my down swing felt the same pain. I apologised to my partners and decided not to cause any more damage by playing on.

A friend who is a nurse has looked at this and feels it could be a "pulled intercostal muscle" and that I needed to see my doctor. I am making an appointment today.

I wondered if any of you guys had suffered a similar injury and how long recovery may have taken