Stewart trolley & car boot space

Tarkus1212

Challenge Tour Pro
www.johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
I'm looking to change my car and I want something with enough boot space to accommodate my Stewart XI9 trolley and my clubs. I've currently got a BMW 320 and I have to put my clubs on the back seat. I test drove a Jaguar XJ, which is a beautiful car but the boot space is stupidly small and the back seat doesn't fold down so sadly that's a no go. I don't really want an estate but I might be tempted by an SUV. Any recommendations?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The problem with most upper end cars is that they are saloons and saloon boot openings are usually designed by a grade A idiot. The boot may be huge but if the opening is teeny tiny then what is the point, yes I've been burned by a saloon in the past.

I have a Skoda Superb, new shape, hatchback, and it is great. 2.0d, auto, effortless driving, substantial boot.

If the badge means something to you then I think an A6 is one of the better ones for boot openings. Otherwise you are then into SUV types, Q series, X series, Lexus NX.

Tarkus1212

Challenge Tour Pro
www.johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
@ patricks148 (I tried to reply in the usual fashion but these Taylormade pop-ups make it impossible) - I've owned estate cars in the past and I just prefer a saloon. I've never owned an SUV and I might feel the same way about that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Kodiaq I saw in the dealers looked really nice. Great proportions internally. The Superb will give you better economy, I'm averaging 50-52mpg day to day, 55-57mpg on motorway runs, but the Kodiaq gives you the high position, more head space in the cabin. My guess is you will lose around 8-10mpg with the Kodiaq, based on past experience of an XC60 and hearing other drivers speak, not on actual evidence.

Check both out, they are really good cars.

Troymcclure

Medal Winner
Visit site
Save yourself a few thousand and buy a new golf bag? My Stewart and Sun Mountain C130 fit snugly in my 3 Series boot. Just have to take driver out and lie it diagonally on top.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any supporters of the Ford Mondeo?
I dont have a Skoda Superb now, I had a Mk1 saloon and that could gobble up my SM C130 and Golfstream Revolution without any problems. I now have a Mazda 3 hatchback, and that takes all my stuff without much problem and leaving all the clubs in the bag out of sight.

Last edited: