Stealing Golf Balls

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
A few weeks ago 4 of us were out playing our 9 hole comp, we'd watched a visitor playing on his own a few holes in front, we met up with him as we teed off at the 6th and he was leaving the 7th green.
I asked if he'd lost any balls, he said yeh 2 , so i gave him the 2 brand new Prov1s we found.
Turns out he was an old American gent visiting friends in Glasgow and trying to play as many courses as possible.
He was quite impressed by our course condition, but more impressed with us returning his 2 provs , first time he'd ever experienced it :cool:.o_O

I lost a box of Pro V1's in your locker the last time I was in Bellshill, feel free to drop a box in to me the next time you're passing :)

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
At our course, many found balls are returned to their rightful owners as a lot of unique markings are well known with the members. Must be a southern thing :whistle:
Not so sure about that? I once had some ProV1 personalised with my full name. Lost the first one with my first hit with it. Later in the clubhouse someone approached me with "Found a ball with your name in it. Nice ball. I suppose you'd like it back?" "Yes please". "Well, you can f*** off. Like l said - it's a nice ball..."