Starting out

Jb Hopkins

Visit site
Thank you Bobmac, i saw the prices for lessons at the Range. £28 for 30mins. Or i can get 6 for the price of 5 for £140.

Haveing to delay things for a bit hurt my arm quite badly at my Farm yesterday, a Cockerol was involved im my accident???

Diamond

Visit site
I wouldn't advise getting the 6 for 5 pack, you might not get on with the pro.
Maybe book one and see how you get on

Thats great advice.
Also I have found with pitching 30 minute Lessons wernt long enough as it took 2 x lessons for the pro to coach me the swing to the point I was capable of doing it. So lesson 1 I left with a dark cloud over my head and lesson 2 I was skipping out the door.

Jb Hopkins

Visit site
Thats great advice.
Also I have found with pitching 30 minute Lessons wernt long enough as it took 2 x lessons for the pro to coach me the swing to the point I was capable of doing it. So lesson 1 I left with a dark cloud over my head and lesson 2 I was skipping out the door.
Definatley going to get lessons at some point, suppose me watching you tube only helps a little ?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Thank you Bobmac, i saw the prices for lessons at the Range. £28 for 30mins. Or i can get 6 for the price of 5 for £140.

Haveing to delay things for a bit hurt my arm quite badly at my Farm yesterday, a Cockerol was involved im my accident???
How's the arm now? And how is the cockerel?

For amusement go to youtube and search: Jake Thackray, The Bantam Cock.

RichA

Visit site
Definatley going to get lessons at some point, suppose me watching you tube only helps a little ?
I played for over 30 years before having lessons. Probably a mistake, as the 30 years included a 10 year break when I grew to hate the game.
Of my 6 lessons last year, only the first one really made a difference. I hadn't realised how awful my posture was. Once that was corrected, I realised that most of the things that had spoiled my enjoyment were psychological rather than technical.
Most club golfers regularly put in a 100+ score. Get on the course, don't worry about it, enjoy it.
Don't let the dicks get to you. Play with anyone who is encouraging. The whole point of handicapping is that any of us should be able to enjoy a round together, regardless of the disparity between our skill levels.
There's a book, written over 60 years ago, called "Ben Hogan's Five Lessons." It won't correct your faults but when you read it you'll realise that all the YouTube pros are basically recycling its principles on video. It explains the fundamentals of the golf swing better than anything I've seen on YouTube. It amazes me how rarely it gets mentioned.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don't know your area and it may have been stopped due to Covid, but if money is an issue, then some driving ranges have "group" sessions where a coach just walks up and down to give pointers or goes over basics before everybody goes to hit. That may be more affordable short term.

Jb Hopkins

Visit site
Thank you RichA, that is really good advice, thats what bothers me is what other people would think about me taking ages to play and making mistakes, i think you have maybe just gave the encouragement to just go out and play and sod what anybody else thinks, il probably just start of on a 9 hole first thank you so much ??