Stableford Non Returns

Bam

Visit site
' No one should ever have a a non return in a stableford competition'. A physical card should always be returned even if a competitor plays one hole. T he card shall be entered in competition for CSS then the point one shall be rescinded.
Thoughts ?

D

Deleted member 15344

' No one should ever have a a non return in a stableford competition'. A physical card should always be returned even if a competitor plays one hole. T he card shall be entered in competition for CSS then the point one shall be rescinded.
Thoughts ?

First the .1 can’t be rescinded and shouldn’t be rescinded

If the card hasn’t been returned it’s a DQ

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thoughts ?

I Nr'ed in a stableford comp a few years ago. Ripped one into the trees off the first tee, hit an utter peach out of the trees to the front edge but in the process succeeded in blowing my right calf muscle out. Ten minutes later the head greenkeeper picked me up on his truck and took me back to the clubhouse. The last thing I was bothered with was returning my empty scorecard!, was more worried about how to get home

D

Deleted member 15344

We have been instructed by GUI to rescind these .1 's

You have been told to not give people who don’t hand a card a .1 - well that just opens the whole system for abuse and can allow people to keep a low HC .

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Personally I do not think cards should be accepted for handicap purposes without checking first.

The UHS gives the committee discretion as to whether not to accept these cards for handicap purposes.

Note 1:
Incomplete cards and ‘no returns’ have an effect on a player’s handicap. The Handicap Committee would be justified in:

1. (a) refusing to accept a card or record a ‘no return’ when the player has walked in after playing only a few holes;

1. (c) giving sympathetic consideration to players who have had to discontinue play for any reason considered to be reasonable by the organising committee.

Last edited:

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
In the German system it does not make a difference (for handicap purposes) if you return the card or not. 0.1 it is, no matter if it is a score under buffer, a DQ or a NR. And since all handicaps are calculated by and all rounds reported to a cenralized system, there is no wriggle room. As soon as you've got your card, the round counts.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
You have been told to not give people who don’t hand a card a .1 - well that just opens the whole system for abuse and can allow people to keep a low HC .

I think it's the other way round from the OP....

Either way something is very very wrong.

Yes, the committee have discretionary powers (as posted by Jim) but these are for specific reasons to ensure that they can apply increases that should be applied, and avoid application where they believe the system could be being abused.

The default position is that if you tee off in a Q event you will increase by 0.1 unless
(1)you return a score of buffer or better,
(2) the committee makes an informed decision that this would be inappropriate due to unusual circumstances
(3)the CSS calculation results in SSS+3/RO