SS calculation

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
How is it determined when the majority of the field walk off due to adverse weather conditions?

I may be looking in the wrong places but I can’t figure it out online.

I managed to battle my way around -1, There was another -1 in and a level.

Otherwise there were was a handful of scores from 73-82 net however there was a good 15-20 NR’s due to people walking off half way around.

It wasn’t unplayable as groups from a range of times completed the round. I just can’t understand how SS will be calculated when only around 40-50% of the field posted scores.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It really is a difficult thing to calculate unless you know the exact scores of all players and what category they are.

If you ever want to do it the 'calculator' can be found in the UHS manual which can be downloaded from congu.org (appendix B)

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
NRs count as a missed buffer, same as a nett 90.

Is that a special rule for NRs if only a certain % of the field complete? Normally an NR can still buffer if they have enough stableford points. I know because I've done that many times! :D

Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is that a special rule for NRs if only a certain % of the field complete? Normally an NR can still buffer if they have enough stableford points. I know because I've done that many times! :D

Clause 8.10/1

Strictly, a ‘No Return’ is the result of a player having commenced play in a Qualifying Competition either failing to return his scorecard to the Committee in charge of the competition or entering a ‘no score’ at each hole of a computer based score recording system.

However, in addition, a ‘No Return’ in common usage is applied to a return in a Medal Stroke Play competition in which the player has failed to record a score at one or more holes and consequently does not have a score in the Medal Stroke Play competition. Notwithstanding, such an incomplete card is used for handicap purposes by the application of Clause 19 to establish a Nett Differential.
The term ‘No Return’ is commonly abbreviated to NR.

These differing situations in regard to a NR are demonstrated in the specimen Player Handicap Record contained in Appendix I:

• In the Stroke Play competition dated 18/05, the player did not return his scorecard. A ‘no score’ was recorded at each hole and the identifier ‘NC’ is entered in the ‘Gross Score’ column. In such circumstances the score is treated as a Nett Double Bogey on each hole. Thus the Gross Differential is calculated as 36 plus handicap and Nett Differential is 36. The Adjusted Gross Score is recorded as CSS + 36 + handicap.

• In the Stroke Play competition dated 03/06, the player returned his card without a score recorded on one of the holes and again recorded a NR. On this occasion, however, an adjusted gross score could be calculated by applying Clause 19. The resulting Nett Differential was within his Buffer Zone and there was no increase in handicap.

Last edited: