Srixon ZX 4,5 & 7 Mk2

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Went to book an iron fitting today with the above irons on my list. Sadly the fitter said he’s waiting on the irons coming in, he’s chased the rep and they should be in around 10 days. He said he’s been waiting a while and there seems to be some delay.
He’s got the 923 Mizuno in and others.
Wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue with Srixon

MACM85

Visit site
I have a fitting tomorrow at the Srixon Centre at The Hertsmere. Was scheduled early Feb but due to delays has been moved.

Spoke to the fitter yesterday and he has had some of the kit in however not the full shaft choice. Thankfully the shafts he doesn't have are light graphite shafts which won't be something I would expect to be fitted to.

He is like I have the full range of the MKI gear to try which will give you an indication and then the skeleton set for the MKII.

He has the full woods and hybrids. Not the RTX6 which is out now and a reduced selection of irons.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a fitting tomorrow at the Srixon Centre at The Hertsmere. Was scheduled early Feb but due to delays has been moved.

Spoke to the fitter yesterday and he has had some of the kit in however not the full shaft choice. Thankfully the shafts he doesn't have are light graphite shafts which won't be something I would expect to be fitted to.

He is like I have the full range of the MKI gear to try which will give you an indication and then the skeleton set for the MKII.

He has the full woods and hybrids. Not the RTX6 which is out now and a reduced selection of irons.

Enjoy the experience and let me know how you got on

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Re the OP, sit tight and be patient. If the mk2 are anything like the mk1’s you are in for a real treat.

Ive always regretted selling my 2012 cb’s and swore I’d buy them back, just gone to Zx’s after a waggle last spring. My regret now isn’t that I sold my cb’s in 2014, it’s that I didn’t buy the ZX5’s last year at launch.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Re the OP, sit tight and be patient. If the mk2 are anything like the mk1’s you are in for a real treat.

Ive always regretted selling my 2012 cb’s and swore I’d buy them back, just gone to Zx’s after a waggle last spring. My regret now isn’t that I sold my cb’s in 2014, it’s that I didn’t buy the ZX5’s last year at launch.

Believe you’ve had the Callaway Apex before, this is the other iron that’s on my list along with Mizuno JPX923

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Believe you’ve had the Callaway Apex before, this is the other iron that’s on my list along with Mizuno JPX923

correct, I had cf16 apex’s after a torrid 2015 with TM TP MC’s. The apex were nice and did 6 years, but in my opinion the zx’s are in a completely different league.

MACM85

Visit site
Little update on this.

Went to The Hertsmere on Saturday for a fitting. Tried the range of what was there. Was a good experience and was an interesting fit.

Ending up going ZX5 in 4,5,6 and ZX7 in 7,8,9 & PW in Modus Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 with 1 degree upright and plus 1 inch shaft

The extra inch was an interesting one as normally I have 0.5 in previous irons but the strike and contact with the extra half an inch was very good and everything was flying.

They didn't have the new utility to try but should have it the next time I am there to collect. Tried the new hybrid and felt it was good. I don't like hybrids and I was getting decent numbers on the 3 but felt it was dropping out of the air with very low spin.

Also bought 3 RTX6 wedges - 51, 55, 59 These will be bent one degree stronger for gapping.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good to see the wait was worth it. I wanted last years irons in the same combo but could find the zx7’s with a light stiff so went full ZX5’s.

Out of interest did you try the new driver?

MACM85

Visit site
Good to see the wait was worth it. I wanted last years irons in the same combo but could find the zx7’s with a light stiff so went full ZX5’s.

Out of interest did you try the new driver?

Yeh tried the new driver. Was nice and forgiving in places but found my Sim 2 to be on equal par with it. The whole new range of hybrids and woods do look sleek.

Might be tempted to go down a 5 wood route for a gap between Driver and iron

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Little update on this.

Went to The Hertsmere on Saturday for a fitting. Tried the range of what was there. Was a good experience and was an interesting fit.

Ending up going ZX5 in 4,5,6 and ZX7 in 7,8,9 & PW in Modus Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 with 1 degree upright and plus 1 inch shaft

The extra inch was an interesting one as normally I have 0.5 in previous irons but the strike and contact with the extra half an inch was very good and everything was flying.

They didn't have the new utility to try but should have it the next time I am there to collect. Tried the new hybrid and felt it was good. I don't like hybrids and I was getting decent numbers on the 3 but felt it was dropping out of the air with very low spin.

Also bought 3 RTX6 wedges - 51, 55, 59 These will be bent one degree stronger for gapping.
What way do the lofts crossover at the 6&7 irons. Are either iron bent weaker/stronger to work out?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks, yes I saw his video. Can’t help thinking he’s sponsored by Srixon . He wore a Srixon hat, Srixon glove and ALL his other clubs were Srixon, Driver, 3 wood and Rescues 🤔
But I get your point as he could’ve had the ZX 5’s or 7’s
Crossfield 100% is sponsored by Srixon (as well as Cleveland and XXIO which are all part of the same company). He's been open about that.