Spikeless shoes

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi folks

Looking for some spikeless shoes that I can wear year round, are comfortable and won’t break the bank.

Any suggestions on brand etc? Even normal footwear isn’t my strong point let alone golf shoes!!

Cheers.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You may need to wait for the off season to get a bargain price, shoes seem to be quite expensive now. I have some Footjoy ones which are smashing. My son has some Adidas boost which he raves about. Usual suspects really.

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks both. I’m quite happy to buy non current season models. I was last in fashion in about 1996 so I can’t see that being a problem.

Any particular online places to look at? Ta.

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
I struggle to get comfortable fitting shoes (12) I have some FJ which are water proof and my feet were sweating in this hot weather, so I needed a breathable pair.
Needing to try them on to get the right fit, I reluctantly went into Sports Direct (if you're over 50, you'll know what I mean!) on a trip into town.
I ended up with a pair of these and have been very pleased over recent weeks.
https://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-roshe-golf-shoes-mens-286014?colcode=28601440

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
as much as i hate my friends calling me "grandad" for wearing them i cant fault my spikeless sketchers. I used to rave about nike but these take comfort to a new level

D

Deleted member 15344

Adidas Addicross - very comfy and onlt £60

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I love Ecco shoes, however they are pricey, unless you type in Ecco golf shoe sale which Tashyboy did two days ago. Now have a lovely pair of men's cage shoes on there way. Have some decent spike less shoes on there site I believe.

BRISTOL86

Head Pro
Visit site
I struggle to get comfortable fitting shoes (12) I have some FJ which are water proof and my feet were sweating in this hot weather, so I needed a breathable pair.
Needing to try them on to get the right fit, I reluctantly went into Sports Direct (if you're over 50, you'll know what I mean!) on a trip into town.
I ended up with a pair of these and have been very pleased over recent weeks.
https://www.sportsdirect.com/nike-roshe-golf-shoes-mens-286014?colcode=28601440

Really like those but going to have very wet feet if I wear those after summer!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you do not want to break the bank take a look at the Slazenger range at Sports direct .

The only ones I have tried and currently use are Stuburt Urban casual. So good so far but only worn half a dozen times.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Adidas Gripmore are great shoes. They haven’t got a 2018 model, but there may be some from last year available at a reduced price.

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you want something for all year round then I'd recommend something with an "aggressive" sole. Callaway X-cage had a great sole that worked well in wet conditions but some spikeless shoes just don't have enough bite for that.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
one thing to consider is many people think they are for the current conditions we're experiencing. on dry hard fairways spikeless shoes can be very slippy. the dead grass is very slippy. i have reverted back to my soft spikes due to one or two interactions my face nearly had with the floor

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If you go to eBay and look for a seller called seamo_13 they seem to be selling Skechers go golf shoes at £21.99.

Can’t vouch for the seller or quality but worth a look.