Morally wrong or just plain wrong… or not wrong at all?

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mate I have tried this. I find hundreds of balls walking the dog. I used to give hundreds into a local golf club, I kept the Pro in practice balls and I also gave bags in for juniors only to be told after a couple of months not to do so as they were only interested in Pro V's or similar. Ungrateful wee so and so's!

Shame on you for palming off non-premium balls on those poor kids

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
As that article alluded to - bio-degradable plastics on golf balls will happen one day properly across the board.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
When I was about 14, a mate and I used to go to an old gravel pit near us, that had very high banks (50 - 60 feet down to the water). There were semi submerged sandbanks in the lake. We would take an old driver and a load of old shonkers and try and reach the sandbanks. Great fun (we never did reach the sandbanks......), but had loads of laughs trying. The good old days, when saddo/killjoys hadn't inherited the earth........

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Flip sake.

Why not tackle environmental issues created by numerous multinational companies, countries still dumping raw sewage at sea, nuclear waste still seeping into waterways.

I'm not saying we as golfers can't assist by trying to reduce our impact on the environment but I'm sure there are far greater and more pressing environmental issues that governments the world over need to tackle and tackle yesterday!

Always pick on the "easy" target.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Video looked good to me, two teenagers clearly with a passion for the ocean noticed an issue that hadn't been picked up. Company indirectly responsible for issue is taking measures to clean it up and improve the situation going forwards. Researchers considering what the overall impact is to see if anything can be learnt and applied from it. Press reporting it to raise awareness hopefully to golfers and potentially also for the teenagers so they can feel good for their efforts (either in hard cash for go fund me or general praise).

Looks like something to be applauded rather than worked up over. We all know certain things aren't great for the planet and still do it e.g. flights, but the value is worth more to us. That being said, getting a plane and letting it fly around with no passengers/purpose etc would feel reckless and wasteful and you'd look to stop it. That's the difference on the original thread and why intention is a key factor on morals personally.

It's also not a case of either or, we can do those smaller actions whilst continuing to push for big actions on other issues which I doubt any of the parties involved have an impact on so it's not exactly lost time.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We are quite luck in that the moray firth that is in play of the first 7 holes is a sandy beach so when people do carve it in the sea, they get picked up when the tide is out

Hovisbap

Assistant Pro
Visit site
helping feed the fishes, and getting rid of frustration is possible ;)

Attachments

• biogolfball.JPG
    biogolfball.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 2